Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided ďas isĒ without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

A fun little update SC B

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fun little update SC B

We are about halfway through level B with our almost 7 year old son whom we adopted a little over a year ago now. His speech is really impacted by his cerebral palsy and of course by having to learn an entire new language. He was not sent to school in his orphanage; in fact, he was never even outside to play. He spent almost 6 years in a hallway. Needless to say, his development has been very delayed, BUT, with consistent work he is making so much progress! We loved level A, and level B is also a delight for us. I have always read the Bible to him in faith that he will understand and accept Godís love and Jesusí sacrifice for him, even if he canít express it yet. But yesterday in our school time, before his older sister read him the Bible story for the day, he told his sister (in his very sweet communication style!) what the story the day before had been! Heís understanding and growing!

Honestly, for me, I often feel discouraged in this process. Both of my kids in SC levels have very real struggles and itís scary and hard most days. I find it helpful to record personally our progress, even if itís baby steps. I also really appreciate all of you moms here and your encouragement and steadfast work. I am praying this morning that God would give us perseverance, patience and peace as we continue to teach our precious kids.
    Emily J

2018-2019 School Year
    DD (11)-MP 5 core
    DD (9)-SC 4
    DD (8)-MP 2 core
    DS (6)-SC B

*Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourself a difficult task but you will succeed if you persevere: and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to obtain something beautiful is ever lost. ~Helen Keller*

Hallelujah! Such good news. Thanks for sharing.
    Married to DH for 13 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS10- Simply Classical 4 / Grade 3 Classic Core,
    DD8- Grade 2 Classic Core,
    DD 6- Classic Core Kindergarten

Comment

This is beautiful, Emily! Congratulations!
      Jennifer

2018-2019
      DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
      DS-12 (6M)
      DS-10 (SC3)
      DD-8 (MP2)
      DD-6 (SC2)
      DD-3 (NT using SCB for gradual intro to JrK)

Comment

That IS a fun little update! We love A and B for oral language.

Your son endured such hardship in his early years, but trust that you are giving him much to help him despite those years!

It is scary and hard, just as you say, but I love your plan of recording progress and sheer delight. That will make quite a journal one day.

Comment

Working...
        X