Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

SC Moms Meetup -- Thanksgiving schedule??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Moms Meetup -- Thanksgiving schedule??

Hey everyone! This month's meetup falls two days before Thanksgiving. Do you want to keep it there or move it to the following Tuesday instead? Just let me know as soon as you can so I can plan accordingly!
    Jennifer

2018-2019
    DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
    DS-12 (6M)
    DS-10 (SC3)
    DD-8 (MP2)
    DD-6 (SC2)
    DD-3 (NT using SCB for gradual intro to JrK)

Re: SC Moms Meetup -- Thanksgiving schedule??

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
    Hey everyone! This month's meetup falls two days before Thanksgiving. Do you want to keep it there or move it to the following Tuesday instead? Just let me know as soon as you can so I can plan accordingly!
    I think through Christmas will be crazy? What if we schedule again in the January doldrums?
    Christine

(2018-2019)
    DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
    DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
    DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3)
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others!)

Comment

I can’t do 2 days earlier but don’t worry about that if others can do it then, and no worries if you need to postpone as Christine suggested...I bet Thanksgiving is a v busy time!

Jen, Heidi, I hope you’ve had some breakthroughs this month, have had you both in my prayers. We have had a really big month. My family is pretty much special needs central right now haha. Even the baby! He is 10mo and still not putting anything in his mouth (including food/toys/anything except breastfeeding), and my husband has been super unwell too. We unbelievably got a letter in the mail saying we have nearly reached our safety net with medical costs (if a family pays a particular - high - amount extra for medical costs, the govt here dramatically increases their contribution.) Which is great...cause next week we have psychiatrist, paediatrician, and my GP told me yesterday I’ve probably got a BCC (basal cell carcinoma)...best kind of skin cancer to get...but let’s add dermatologist cost...and it’s on my face! But God is good. His Grace is being felt.

Hope to chat but if not I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and that you are knowing God’s gracious hand is on you.

ETA: I misread that! A week later would be fine!
      Sarah

Aussies from Sydney, Australia
      Miriam 9yo Latina Christiana, Greek Myths, Poppers Penguins, Christian Studies 1, R+S 4 (also IEW Phonetic Zoo, IEW Poetry Memorisation, HWT Cursive)
      Jonny 6.5yo (Special Needs) SC Level 1
      Elissa 3.5yo SC Level B (for preschool)
      Thomas 12 months

Comment

Let's go ahead and make it for Tuesday, the 27th. Same time as usual
        Jennifer

2018-2019
        DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
        DS-12 (6M)
        DS-10 (SC3)
        DD-8 (MP2)
        DD-6 (SC2)

Comment

What is this meet up? I assume an online one?

heather

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
            Let's go ahead and make it for Tuesday, the 27th. Same time as usual
            I will not be able to make it that day, or any in December. Hubby usually has a men’s group on Tuesday nights. It ends tomorrow until the new year. We try to be together in our few evenings with no activities!
            Christine

(2018-2019)
            DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
            DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
            DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
            DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3)
            DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)
            DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others!)

Comment

I’ll be there.

Christine, sorry to hear you won’t be there, such a busy time of year!
              Sarah

Aussies from Sydney, Australia
              Miriam 9yo Latina Christiana, Greek Myths, Poppers Penguins, Christian Studies 1, R+S 4 (also IEW Phonetic Zoo, IEW Poetry Memorisation, HWT Cursive)
              Jonny 6.5yo (Special Needs) SC Level 1
              Elissa 3.5yo SC Level B (for preschool)
              Thomas 12 months

Comment

Hello all,

I’ve been absent from the forum for the last few weeks as I’ve tried to keep my head above water. There has been little forward progress and some rough patches. But the Lord continues to provide our daily bread. Thank you Sarah for the update and the prayers. The prayers are much appreciated! You and Jen have also been in my prayers. I hope everyone is getting healthy and the appointments go well.

Yes, next Tuesday the 28th will work for me. Thank you again, Jen.

Heidi
                Heidi

2018-19
                dd- 3m
                ds- SC 1
                dd- SC B

Comment

Originally posted by HeatherB View Post
                  What is this meet up? I assume an online one?

heather
                  Hi Heather! Yes, we meet online once a month for sharing, support, and laughs If you would like to join us next Tuesday at 7pm Central, just let me know and I’ll PM the login info.
                  Jennifer

2018-2019
                  DS-12 (6M)
                  DS-10 (SC3)
                  DD-8 (MP2)
                  DD-6 (SC2)

Comment

Originally posted by VAmom View Post
                    Hello all,

I’ve been absent from the forum for the last few weeks as I’ve tried to keep my head above water. There has been little forward progress and some rough patches. But the Lord continues to provide our daily bread. Thank you Sarah for the update and the prayers. The prayers are much appreciated! You and Jen have also been in my prayers. I hope everyone is getting healthy and the appointments go well.

Yes, next Tuesday the 28th will work for me. Thank you again, Jen.

Heidi
                    See you then! Praying everyone has a peaceful Thanksgiving!
                    Jennifer

2018-2019
                    DS-12 (6M)
                    DS-10 (SC3)
                    DD-8 (MP2)
                    DD-6 (SC2)

Comment

Yay! I will be there this coming Tuesday. If it’s 7pm Central time then I think that is 8pm here in VA. Jen, do I need a log-in link?

See you ladies in a few days,
                      SusanP in VA

Comment

Originally posted by SPearson View Post
                        Yay! I will be there this coming Tuesday. If it’s 7pm Central time then I think that is 8pm here in VA. Jen, do I need a log-in link?

See you ladies in a few days,
                        SusanP in VA
                        Same login as last time
                        Jennifer

2018-2019
                        DS-12 (6M)
                        DS-10 (SC3)
                        DD-8 (MP2)
                        DD-6 (SC2)

Comment

I’ll be on as soon as the kids are asleep.
                          Heidi

2018-19
                          dd- 3m
                          ds- SC 1
                          dd- SC B

Comment

When will the next one of these be? I want to put it on my calendar so I do not forget. After the great SC kids meetup today, I cannot wait!
                            JeJe Greer
                            Mom to:
                            Stella (6M in 2018-2019)
                            Clara (SC3 in 2018-2019)

Comment

Originally posted by jejegreer View Post
                              When will the next one of these be? I want to put it on my calendar so I do not forget. After the great SC kids meetup today, I cannot wait!
                              The moms meet 3rd Tuesday of every month at 7pm Central (Chicago's version of central — this time of year makes that a little confusing!) so our next meeting will be December 18th.
                              Jennifer

2018-2019
                              DS-12 (6M)
                              DS-10 (SC3)
                              DD-8 (MP2)
                              DD-6 (SC2)

Comment

Working...
                              X