Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Morning Routine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Morning Routine

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
    I forgot to mention: I share your concern about overdoing the melatonin. We’ve used Nature Calm powdered magnesium with good results. Just start at 1/4 - 1/2 tsp and work up slowly until you see improvement. If her stomach is sensitive, you might want to give it every other day. Maybe you could alternate days with the melatonin? The good thing is that it doesn’t only help you get to sleep but helps you stay asleep and sleep well (not like a sleeping pill though).
    Jen,

I am so glad you recommended Natural Calm. I just got it last week for my son especially, but all of us have tried it. I have taken magnesium pills before with no effect on sleep, but I think this is actually helping everyone sleep more soundly.
    Thank you!
    Catherine

2018-19
    DS15, 9th
    DS13, 6th
    DS11, 5th
    DD11, 5th
    DS6, K
    DD3
    DS 10 mos

Homeschooling 3 with MP
    2 using First Form series in school

Comment

I'm going to toss this out there: hormones! Is she around 9/10-ish? If so, whatever else she has is going to be influenced by hormones. I can tell you, I have seen it with every one of my children so far. F is going through it now. Grr! I read somewhere else from other girl moms that this stage for girls lasts until around 12 or when they start to cycle. I certainly hope not cause we are late developers. For my boys, it lasted about a year-- until they hit around 14 at which point they seem to have lost their brains again.

Really, some days she is fine, others it is like "Who are you and what did you do with my daughter?" Good sleep, good food... these things help but sometimes it is just how it is for a while. I feel your pain. I really do.
      Last edited by Enigma; 11-10-2018, 12:47 AM.
      The Homeschool Grads:
      J- 6/96
      S- 11/98

Still Homeschooling:
      G- 4/04
      D- 5/05
      F- 7/08 (my only girl)

Future Homeschooler:
      M- 9/16

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
        I'm going to toss this out there: hormones! Is she around 9/10-ish? If so, whatever else she has is going to be influenced by hormones. I can tell you, I have seen it with every one of my children so far. F is going through it now. Grr! I read somewhere else from other girl moms that this stage for girls lasts until around 12 or when they start to cycle. I certainly hope not cause we are late developers. For my boys, it lasted about a year-- until they hit around 14 at which point they seem to have lost their brains again.

Really, some days she is fine, others it is like "Who are you and what did you do with my daughter?" Good sleep, good food... these things help but sometimes it is just how it is for a while. I feel your pain. I really do.
        She’s 8 and won’t turn 9 until March. I’ve wondered if it’s hormones or beginning the transition from little girl to older girl. But if it lasts until her cycle starts...PHEW!

Thanks for the encouragment! We’ll keep loving her the best that we can and keep trying...but it sure does break my heart to see her struggling so much.
        Heidi

2018-19
        dd- 3m
        ds- SC 1
        dd- SC B

Comment

Working...
        X