Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

SC-Delectare Kids Meetup TUESDAY (9/4)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC-Delectare Kids Meetup TUESDAY (9/4)

If your forum handle is listed below, please check your PMs for login information for today's meetup (3pm EST)!!

howiecram
    GraceEllen
    EmilyJ
    JeJeGreer
    sfhargett
    spearson
    empokorski
    Miah

If I forgot anyone, please email me at: jennifer@delectareonline.com (be sure to include your forum handle so I know who you are!)

Malin, I tried PMing you but your private messages are turned off. Email me if you're able to join in today!
    Jennifer

2018-2019
    DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
    DS-12 (6M)
    DS-10 (SC3)
    DD-8 (MP2)
    DD-6 (SC2)
    DD-3 (NT using SCB for gradual intro to JrK)

Re: SC-Delectare Kids Meetup TUESDAY (9/4)

This is so exciting! Thank you, Jen.

Comment

I'm sorry I missed it. We are in meltdown mode here, and no one wants to hear that.
      Miah - married to Warcabbage, 3 boys, BS in social work, AS in Electrical Engineering Technology

Evulcarrot - 18, freshman in college, Medical Technology , mild autism
      Battlebroccoli - 17, lives with grandma, attends a special high school program part time
      Doomsprout - 10, highly verbal moderate autism, anxiety, motor delays, sensory processing issues - SC 4 with R&S 4

Comment

Originally posted by Miah View Post
        I'm sorry I missed it. We are in meltdown mode here, and no one wants to hear that.
        We were in that mode yesterday when I was trying to help one of our new moderators resolve some tech issues. Our school room was covered in books and bins by the time I could intervene.
        Jennifer

2018-2019
        DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
        DS-12 (6M)
        DS-10 (SC3)
        DD-8 (MP2)
        DD-6 (SC2)

Comment

I am sorry that Clara missed the first meeting. She is getting a computer for her birthday (September 12) so she should be able to attend the rest of these. Would anyone be able to tell me what the kids discussed either here or via private message?
          JeJe Greer
          Mom to:
          Stella (6M in 2018-2019)
          Clara (SC3 in 2018-2019)

Comment

You guys! I am SO SORRY we missed this! It completely slipped my mind until TODAY. I had to ask my daughter for forgiveness because she had really been looking forward to it. We will be there next month! (And I will be for the mom's connection). I am writing it down now in my SC4 curriculum manual actually so that I don't do this again. Please forgive us!
            Emily J

2018-2019 School Year
            DD (11)-MP 5 core
            DD (9)-SC 4
            DD (8)-MP 2 core
            DS (6)-SC B

*Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourself a difficult task but you will succeed if you persevere: and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to obtain something beautiful is ever lost. ~Helen Keller*

Comment

Did anyone “make it”? How did it go?
              Christine

(2018-2019)
              DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
              DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
              DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
              DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3)
              DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)
              DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others!)

Comment

Originally posted by howiecram View Post
                Did anyone “make it”? How did it go?
                Sorry it took me so long to respond here! We’re out-of-state for a family wedding. Only my son and one other sweet boy were able to make it this month. Lots of scheduling conflicts came up for the other families. The boys chatted about similar interests. My son is very shy but I think he had a good time as he double-checked afterwards to be sure that we really were going to be doing this again next month, lol.
                Jennifer

2018-2019
                DS-12 (6M)
                DS-10 (SC3)
                DD-8 (MP2)
                DD-6 (SC2)

Comment

Jen,
                  I'm so sorry I ignored all this about the kids' log-in experience. I just assumed my son couldn't do it based on the age ragne you stipulated. (He's a bit older than the kids you ranged, yet developmentally probably on par with them, I suppose.) If it'd be open for him, then I can imagine doing it in the future and having him enjoy/look forward to the experience, although he won't be on of your chatty ones.
                  Susan

Comment

Working...
                  X