Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Whiteboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whiteboard

In the process of setting up our study area. What size/type of whiteboard would be good/recommended? Or would it not be needed to have one at all?

Thanks!
    Malin

Re: Whiteboard

Originally posted by Malin View Post
    In the process of setting up our study area. What size/type of whiteboard would be good/recommended? Or would it not be needed to have one at all?

Thanks!
    Malin
    Lap-sized boards are our go-to. Lined on one side, blank on the other. You can buy them in multi-packs on Amazon. We’ve had our four for five years — still use them and they’re still in great shape. We bought a large wall-sized white board but, funnily enough, rarely used it. However, my kids were in the early SC levels during this time. Further on with MP, you will likely need a large wall-sized board.
    “If I should fall even a thousand times a day, a thousand times, with peaceful repentance, I will say immediately, Nunc Coepi, ‘Now, I begin.’.”

~Venerable Bruno Lanteri
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Wonder Boy 14 ... MP5 + R&S Math 6
    Joy Bubble 12 ... MP5 full core
    Cowboy 10 ... MP5 + R&S Math 4
    Sassafras 6 ... MP1
    All … SSPX Catechesis

Comment

We use both the smaller mini white board and larger wall-mounted white board.

The mini is nice for desktop use. The wall-mounted is good for vertical writing, posting the day's overview, and giving visual explanations (of anything) to more than one child. Our wall-mounted is 2'×3'.

Comment

If you buy a wall sized one get a magnetic one. It comes in handy.

And we use a Boogie Board instead of a small personal whiteboard. Not the fancy kind, I don't need a memory stick one. It's just the plain old tablet style. https://www.amazon.com/Boogie-Board-...1_1_sspa&psc=1

Kindergarten is about the youngest I use a whiteboard or boogie board.
        DS12- Simply Classical mash-up of SC Spelling 1, intensive reading remediation, and MPOA 4th grade math.
        DD10- Classic Core 4th Grade w/ 5th grade literature
        DD8- Classic Core 2nd Grade

We've completed:
        Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, third grade
        Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5/6

Comment

We made a large white board for cheap.

I used this: https://www.lowes.com/pd/23-75-in-x-...-Panel/3042205

I had a piece of old paneling that I glued it to, then screwed the paneling to the wall. Well, I've now wasted about thirty minutes on trying to attach a picture of it. Not sure what's up with it. If you want to see it and go back far enough in my posts, I posted a bunch of pictures of my school room in early 2017, I think, and it's in there. We had the board, paint, hardware, and little trim board base all sitting around the house from my various projects, so we ended up with a huge whiteboard for less than $15.00. I use it all day everyday we do school.
          Miah - married to Warcabbage, 3 boys, BS in social work, AS in Electrical Engineering Technology

Evulcarrot - 18, freshman in college, Medical Technology , mild autism
          Battlebroccoli - 17, lives with grandma, attends a special high school program part time
          Doomsprout - 10, highly verbal moderate autism, anxiety, motor delays, sensory processing issues - SC 4 with R&S 4

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post

Thanks!
            Malin
            We are renting so can’t wall mount but recently bought a large (1200mmx900mm) mobile whiteboard on castors. It flips over too so I get double the whiteboard space.

It’s been a useful help in making everything I can visual. On one side I have our art card and what piece of music we are listening to, and the Bible verse from church that week then the other side is for everything else.

We are experimenting with teaching mostly in a group format - not very MP I know, but after the amazing success of teaching Myself and Others to all my kids together with my inability to manage everything I was doing without getting grouchy we are giving it a try and it’s showing promise. The whiteboard really helps us feel group like.

My kids love it so much that drawing on the whiteboard is a reward, even when I’m actually getting them to do work.
            Sarah

Aussies from Sydney, Australia
            Miriam 10yo
            Jonathan 8yo
            Elissa 5yo
            Thomas 2yo
            Caleb 2 months

Comment

Working...
            X