Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Starting the School Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting the School Year

Hello~

Everyone here has been so kind and helpful. We have been preparing for the new school year (actually I have, all summer long!). I have been homeschooling for over 6 years now but this is the first year we will use MP. It's also a "first" for my just-6-yr-old & my 3 yr old. We're diving right in and using most of the MP 8 Core and the SC levels for all four of the children. So, it's a big change.

My oldest son just broke his arm a few days ago. I am worn out and worried about starting the school year tired.

I am surely not the only one with the back-to-school anxieties? Or children with broken bones?

In conjunction with my SC level boys, I had hoped to work up to week 14-- MP 8 my dd--before our Christmas break. If we start any later than the end of this week it won't give my daughter that extra time to get used to the core routine.

Any comments, anecdotes, etc. would be so helpful.
    Thank you very much!
    Last edited by GraceEllen; 08-25-2018, 09:33 PM.
    expat mama south of the border
    DD (14) tba...
    DS (10) SC4
    DS2 (7) SC1
    DS3 (4) SCB

Re: Starting the School Year

Any problem staggering their starts? Get her started this week to allow for that cushion and start the boys a week or so later? That would give you time to focus on her. It's pretty strongly recommended around here for multiple cores anyway
    Jennifer

2018-2019
    R- DS, 10, 4NU

Comment

He broke his arm just a few days ago? No wonder you're tired! That is so sudden and can be so scary. Give yourself a few days to catch your breath. You might be able to speed up a little bit after you establish a good rhythm of teaching. Then you'll be back on track.

Another SC forum mom had a similar experience not long ago. You can search additional posts of hers for her son's story. All will be well. Take care of yourself & your son. A few days will not hurt. Imagine all of the schools that start the school year with an unexpected teacher strike or flooded classrooms or other maladies. They catch up. You will too.

Comment

Thank you both. I appreciate the ideas and understanding! It was scary and we're all changing hats a bit here and adjusting to the changes.
        expat mama south of the border
        DD (14) tba...
        DS (10) SC4
        DS2 (7) SC1
        DS3 (4) SCB

Comment

Working...
        X