Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

happy little update and spelling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

happy little update and spelling?

I just wanted to say thanks yet again and give a little update on my youngest.
    We continued to work with the SC materials and we really had success with them.
    We are transitioning into fourth grade this week with a mix of third and 4th literature as he goes along.
    I was so happy this week watching him read Farmer boy independently with just a few vocab prompts!!
    It is amazing to see his joy and confidence in reading and he looks sharp in some cute new glasses
    He is improving daily in his handwriting and math and his ability to stay focused on his work.
    I must say we are unsure how to progress in spelling after finishing SC spelling...it is one area still needing support though I imagine it will creep along as his reading continues to improve.
    Anyhow as always thank you for supporting our kiddos that sometimes just need to go at their own pace!
    Winter 2019 :
    DD - Graduated!
    DS - core 9 with remediation/support
    DD - core 6 with remediation/support
    DS - moving from SC to grade 4

Re: happy little update and spelling?

Good to hear! You are very welcome, and thanks for the update.

You could look at Traditional Spelling One & Two. We use this after SC Spelling to review phonetic patterns, strengthen word study, and teach prefixes, suffixes, and more. It could be an add-on or a substitute.

Comment

Re: happy little update and spelling?

Oh I have missed seeing those! I will go check them out.
      Thank you!
      Winter 2019 :
      DD - Graduated!
      DS - core 9 with remediation/support
      DD - core 6 with remediation/support
      DS - moving from SC to grade 4

Comment

Working...
      X