Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

OT: Changes and prayers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: Changes and prayers

So, things are changing a bit: in an attempt to lower the stress levels around here, we rented an office space for my husband in our town's art district. It's less than a mile from the house and the rent rate is unheard of for that area. We're hoping that getting rid of work-related tension will translate to less stress for the kids and also lessen my husband's stress (there's nowhere secluded for him to set up here so he's been working in the middle of the house).

The challenge with this is that I have lost my backup for daytime meltdowns, tantrums, and anger/aggression outbursts. I know a lot of you deal with this alone, too. Please say some prayers for us.
    Jennifer

2018-2019
    DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
    DS-12 (6M)
    DS-10 (SC3)
    DD-8 (MP2)
    DD-6 (SC2)
    DD-3 (NT using SCB for gradual intro to JrK)

Re: OT: Changes and prayers

Jen, a local artist friend of ours does this and it works well. Being close allows for coming home when needed, but the family learns to respect work time a little more with the geographical separation. You and your husband will set up parameters to preserve his work time while keeping him available as your "bottom line."

Prayers for all, especially for your husband to feel no guilt in setting aside both time and space to work to provide for his family! This could be a very good change.

Comment

Re: OT: Changes and prayers

I keep meaning to get back to this post! Thank you for your insight, Cheryl. My husband really needed this encouragement and I needed the reminder of why we made this decision in the first place. It has indeed cut down on the overall stress level in the house and my husband is feeling much less stressed now that he has a clear separation between work and home. We’re very grateful for God leading us to this rare opportunity.
      Jennifer

2018-2019
      DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
      DS-12 (6M)
      DS-10 (SC3)
      DD-8 (MP2)
      DD-6 (SC2)
      DD-3 (NT using SCB for gradual intro to JrK)

Comment

Working...
      X