Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

SC 4 Latin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC 4 Latin

We started school today. (Yay! It has gone well so far.) When we did Latin, I realized I have no idea what it means in the instructions and assignments when it says: Vocabulary Drill Box 1 in writing. Check spelling.

Then Box 2 and 3 the next two days.

I am sure I am missing something simple, but I don't see a section in his student book that matches that description. The closest thing is in the Teach Write Learn section, but that is explicitly assigned on day 4.

I just had him write the vocabulary words on the white board today. Is be supposed to be writing them in a notebook?
    Miah - married to Warcabbage, 3 boys, BS in social work, AS in Electrical Engineering Technology

Evulcarrot - 18, freshman in college, Medical Technology , mild autism
    Battlebroccoli - 17, lives with grandma, attends a special high school program part time
    Doomsprout - 10, highly verbal moderate autism, anxiety, motor delays, sensory processing issues - SC 4 with R&S 4

Re: SC 4 Latin

Originally posted by Miah View Post
    We started school today. (Yay! It has gone well so far.) When we did Latin, I realized I have no idea what it means in the instructions and assignments when it says: Vocabulary Drill Box 1 in writing. Check spelling.

Then Box 2 and 3 the next two days.

I am sure I am missing something simple, but I don't see a section in his student book that matches that description. The closest thing is in the Teach Write Learn section, but that is explicitly assigned on day 4.

I just had him write the vocabulary words on the white board today. Is be supposed to be writing them in a notebook?
    This a reproducible sheet at the end of the Teaching Guidelines in the Prima Latina Teacher Manual. It may also came as a complimentary download.

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Yes, I meant to point that out in our Sodalitas demo. You will need to make copies of the Vocabulary Drill sheets. My children kept a Latin notebook with their completed sheets.

Comment

Thank you both. We made it through the entire day's work. It was a great start!
        Miah - married to Warcabbage, 3 boys, BS in social work, AS in Electrical Engineering Technology

Evulcarrot - 18, freshman in college, Medical Technology , mild autism
        Battlebroccoli - 17, lives with grandma, attends a special high school program part time
        Doomsprout - 10, highly verbal moderate autism, anxiety, motor delays, sensory processing issues - SC 4 with R&S 4

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
            Yes, I meant to point that out in our Sodalitas demo. You will need to make copies of the Vocabulary Drill sheets. My children kept a Latin notebook with their completed sheets.
            Do you hole punch and put in a binder? Or paste the drill sheet into a notebook?
            DD #1 : 23, college GRADUATE
            DD #2 : 12 MP 7A - HLS Cottage School Louisville, MPOA
            DS #3 : 10, MP3M+Simply Classical4; HLS Cottage School Louisville
            DS #4 : 10, MP3M+Simply Classical4; HLS Cottage School Louisville
            DD #5: 6, MP 1 at HLS
            DS #6: 4, cutest caboose on the loose
            http://www.thekennedyadventures.com

Comment

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post
              Do you hole punch and put in a binder? Or paste the drill sheet into a notebook?
              I copied, hole punched and put in one of those cheap pocket folders with paper fasteners. I chose green to make it match the Prima copy book!
              Christine

(2018-2019)
              DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
              DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
              DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
              DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3)
              DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)
              DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others!)

Comment

We three-hole punched a big stack of drill sheets at the beginning of the course and placed them in one three-ring binder per student.

For LC we had divider tabs, one for Vocabulary and one for Grammar.

Then they used my largest scrapbooking letters to decorate their binding in favorite fonts and colors to say: Latin!

Comment

Working...
                X