Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Schedules for Myself &Others and SC 3 enrichment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedules for Myself &Others and SC 3 enrichment?

Hi, I tried doing a search here, but the forum software says that the words myself and others are too common and were omitted ha.

My question is, where can I find a schedule for using Myself and Others 3? Is it schedules in the core book? The enrichment guide?

Same question about Supplemental Science & Enrichment Set for SC3.

Do I need to just buy seperate lesson plans for each of these things to get a pre-made schedule? The American History read-aloud set *is* scheduled in the enrichment guide, correct?

Re: Schedules for Myself &Others and SC 3 enrichment?

I can answer part of this for you. The book actually has the schedule within it! Each spread looks similar to the curriculum manual only all the information is about what to do each day for every section covered.

Blessings,
    Michelle T

Comment

Hello! Myself & Others 3 is its own stand-alone course with a 14-week daily schedule built into its guide. This allows for teaching during the summer, the school year, or whenever the course fits best. The M&O books will coordinate with the M&O schedule inside the M&O guide. A person might teach M&O 3 alongside SC 3, 4, 5 or MP 3, 4, or apart from any MP/SC curriculum.

As for SC 3 science, if you plan to purchase only the SC Enrichment Guide for the AmHist & Science Read-Alouds, you may also want to purchase the SC 3 Individual Lesson Plans for Enrichment. Then you will have everything you need, because the science set coordinates week-by-week with the American history read-alouds by topic. If you prefer not to purchase those Individual Lesson Plans, I think you could get by with a little detective work by 1) viewinh the Sample of the SC 3 Enrichment Guide to see how Enrichment is scheduled day by day, 2) following this as a template for all weeks, and then 3) using the Science booklist as your order of teaching the books.

Of course, if anyone purchases the SC 3 Core, none of this is needed. The confusion comes only when purchasing separately. Fwiw, we do intend to place all science, art, music, and history schedules and book lists inside the next printing of the separate Enrichment Guide, now that we see how helpful this would be!

Comment

Please correct that to "viewing" above --

Sometimes if I try to correct from my phone the entire message erases, so I will leave well enough alone.

Feel free to follow up if anything is still confusing.

Comment

That is very helpful, thank you!

I've considered purchasing the core manual anyway, even though we have everything we need for this year (besides what I am looking to get out of the enrichment studies), to assist me with pacing and spreading out other materials.

Comment

Cheryl, I have wondered about the Science and Enrichment scheduling in SC3 also. Do you have an idea of when the next printing may be that would have everything in the main teacher guide? Thanks, Lillian

Comment

Hi, Lillian. I do not think it will be soon, so you might want to choose one of the above options if you need it for fall.

Comment

Working...
              X