Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Sodalitas "How to"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sodalitas "How to"

Hi,
    I am attending the Sodalitas conference (we have a 7 year old son with non verbal autism and have been using SC for 2 years with fantastic results) in July and have a few questions that hopefully some veteran attenders can help answer. (Let me preface these questions with the disclaimer that i am pretty horrible with anything tech related so there may likely be emails with this info that i am just missing. Thank you for bearing with me.)

1. I read in the welcome email in April that we would be receiving monthly newsletters with more specific information on the conference, but i havent seen any come my way. Have there been newsletters for May or June?

2. I need to book a hotel room but cannot find where the information on partnering hotels might be. Any verterans have suggestions on the good places to stay within the area?

3. A follow up to #2, do most people walk to the campus, UBER, taxi, bus??? What transportation needs can i expect. (I prefer to not rent a car if possible.)

4. Would it be beneficial to sign up for any of the teacher training post conference? Or is this specifically for educators at Latin Schools?

5. Lastly, if there are any other tricks or tips from any of those who have attended before, please share!

Thank you all for the help!

Julie Paul

Re: Sodalitas "How to"

I did just find the partnering hotels in the information tab on the MP website, so i answered question myself. 😊

Comment

Originally posted by Juliepauldesign@gmail.com View Post
      I did just find the partnering hotels in the information tab on the MP website, so i answered question myself. 😊
      I have all this info...getting kids to bed though! I will respond soon!
      Christine

(2019/2020)
      DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
      DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
      DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
      DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
      DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Comment

Hi,
        I am attending the Sodalitas conference (we have a 7 year old son with non verbal autism and have been using SC for 2 years with fantastic results) in July and have a few questions that hopefully some veteran attenders can help answer. (Let me preface these questions with the disclaimer that i am pretty horrible with anything tech related so there may likely be emails with this info that i am just missing. Thank you for bearing with me.)

1. I read in the welcome email in April that we would be receiving monthly newsletters with more specific information on the conference, but i havent seen any come my way. Have there been newsletters for May or June?

I am trying to find the answer to this one! I can not find it buried in my e-mails either!

2. I need to book a hotel room but cannot find where the information on partnering hotels might be. Any verterans have suggestions on the good places to stay within the area?

You said you found an answer!

3. A follow up to #2, do most people walk to the campus, UBER, taxi, bus??? What transportation needs can i expect. (I prefer to not rent a car if possible.)

Check out this thread for ride sharing. https://forum.memoriapress.com/showt...ride-shares%21 The campus is not within walking distance of the hotels.

4. Would it be beneficial to sign up for any of the teacher training post conference? Or is this specifically for educators at Latin Schools?

If you see something you like on Wednesday, there are many of us that do! Is your 7 year old your only child you are educating at home? Perhaps we can help you choose one!

5. Lastly, if there are any other tricks or tips from any of those who have attended before, please share!

Do you know about the get together at Mimi’s Sunday night? I was personally overwhelmed the first year and just had to sit out a session or two to take in all the greatness! . If you have specific questions, try and bring those!

Julie Paul

Welcome! I am looking forward to meeting you! I replied in red above!
        Christine

(2019/2020)
        DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6

Previous Years
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)

Comment

Hi,

Julie Paul
          Julie,
          You should have received a SG newsletter in late April and one just tonight! Please let me know if you didn't receive it!
          Festina lentē,
          Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
          @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
          S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
          D · 8th
          D · 5th
          S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Thank you both.
            I did just check my email and saw that the newsletter arrived tonight. I did receive the one in April.

Thank you , (Christina, i believe) for the other information, it was all very helpful. I will check out the Wednesday lectures available and see if one or two will work.
            Just fyi, in answer to your reply, we homeschool our 7 year old, have a two year old and our two teenagers attend a local christian school. We homeschooled them through 6th grade.
            I did RSVP for the Mimi's dinner. Looking forward to meeting you all as well.
            Thanks again,
            Julie

Comment

I got the newsletter last night too! (Not sure why I can not find the earlier one). I did see a link for previous ones! So helpful, Jessica!
              Christine

(2019/2020)
              DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6

Previous Years
              DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)

Comment

Working...
              X