Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Social Skills for Summer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Skills for Summer

Just a reminder that we offer 14-week mini-programs for improving social understanding, habits, and manners beginning at age 4.

We teach through classic children's literature. If you're looking for a break from academics but need some structure to your summer days, learn more here.

Re: Social Skills for Summer

Hello,
    Quick question for Social Skills series. With four kids 4-11, what level would be a good fit? Start from level one, or would that be too simplistic for the older children? Thought it would be a good summer project for our family to review basic manners together.
    Thanks!
    Malin

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
      Hello,
      Quick question for Social Skills series. With four kids 4-11, what level would be a good fit? Start from level one, or would that be too simplistic for the older children? Thought it would be a good summer project for our family to review basic manners together.
      Thanks!
      Malin
      I have kids ages 5-9. I thought we would start at level 2. However, I got a better look at it Sodalitas, and there are a few items my 9 year old needs help with. So, if we ever get a few extra $$ I was thinking starting level 1 might not be so bad. I was just going to order the guide and then try to find the books used. (I actually found some at the library).
      Christine

(2018-2019)
      DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
      DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
      DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
      DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3)
      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)
      DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others!)

Comment

I bought Myself and Others 2 for my son but I’ve been using it for my 3yo (advanced) and 8.5yo too. My 8 yo loves to be joining in this, it’s ‘school’ that is really easy and the stories are still enjoyable for her. Another child her age might be bored, but we are all finding it fun to do together. The only child who resists coming to the table is the 6yo who it is intended for! But he’s pretty happy while we are actually learning.
        Sarah

Aussies from Sydney, Australia
        Miriam 9yo Latina Christiana, Greek Myths, Poppers Penguins, Christian Studies 1, R+S 4 (also IEW Phonetic Zoo, IEW Poetry Memorisation, HWT Cursive)
        Jonny 6.5yo (Special Needs) SC Level 1
        Elissa 3.5yo SC Level B (for preschool)
        Thomas 12 months

Comment

Originally posted by sarahandrew View Post
          I bought Myself and Others 2 for my son but I’ve been using it for my 3yo (advanced) and 8.5yo too. My 8 yo loves to be joining in this, it’s ‘school’ that is really easy and the stories are still enjoyable for her. Another child her age might be bored, but we are all finding it fun to do together. The only child who resists coming to the table is the 6yo who it is intended for! But he’s pretty happy while we are actually learning.
          Ha! This would be us!
          Christine

(2018-2019)
          DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
          DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
          DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
          DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3)
          DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)
          DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others!)

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
            Hello,
            Thanks!
            Malin
            Welcome, Malin! Several families begin at the beginning of Myself & Others with the older students as helper/readers. In this way you are acknowledging that they will not need everything covered in those lower levels, so they become assistant teachers.

Later in Book One, you begin the first several chapters of the classic Winnie-the-Pooh collection. Book Two finishes remaining chapters. For this reason, Book One leads into Book Two.

For anyone reading, Book Three similarly leads into Book Four. They share the book "Healthy, Happy Habits."

We suggest beginning with Book One for younger students or whole families and Book Three for older students, if possible. However, any place is a good place to start!

Comment

Thank you all for your feedback!
              I will start with Book One. I think it will be a great way for the older ones to act as role models while refreshing their own manners
              Very excited to join this great forum and community!

Blessings,
              Malin

Comment

Working...
              X