• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiland
    replied
    Re: Question at MPOA Latin Summer Reviews

Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
    I'm going to transition my daughter to MPOA for Latin. I'm not sure yet if it will be the next school year (9th grade) or the following (10th grade). This would be her first online class, so I'm thinking a review class over the summer prior to starting the regular class would be good. I talked about review classes with someone in the past but don't remember specifics and can't find any on the website, so I have a few questions. Is there a summer review class for every level of Latin every summer? If not, which levels have review classes? Is it the same levels every year or different levels? When does the review class begin? We school year round and finish our year during the summer, so I would need to know ahead of time when we would need to finish so I could accelerate her (so she'll be done in time) without overwhelming her. Thanks :-)
    Hi Cheryl,

Thank you very much for the message - glad to help!

The Summer review classes are a great place to start, so that your student can get a feel for how it all works. Many, many people have started with online classes like this, so you are in good company. I'll try to answer your questions in order:

• Our Summer Review classes are here, including Latin, Literature, and some others.
    • We do have Latin review for most levels, at least in the Form series and for the first half of Henle. We typically offer the same levels each year.
    • Thanks for the information about schooling year-round; very helpful. The Summer Term for 2018 is 7/2/18 - 8/5/18.

I hope this helps and I hope you have a great day! If you have any other questions please feel free to email me at onlineacademy@memoriapress.com.

Scott Piland
    Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy
    (877) 745-8866

Leave a comment:

• Cheryl in CA
    started a topic Question at MPOA Latin Summer Reviews

Question at MPOA Latin Summer Reviews

I'm going to transition my daughter to MPOA for Latin. I'm not sure yet if it will be the next school year (9th grade) or the following (10th grade). This would be her first online class, so I'm thinking a review class over the summer prior to starting the regular class would be good. I talked about review classes with someone in the past but don't remember specifics and can't find any on the website, so I have a few questions. Is there a summer review class for every level of Latin every summer? If not, which levels have review classes? Is it the same levels every year or different levels? When does the review class begin? We school year round and finish our year during the summer, so I would need to know ahead of time when we would need to finish so I could accelerate her (so she'll be done in time) without overwhelming her. Thanks :-)
Working...
X