Summer MPOA vs summer camps/vacations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer MPOA vs summer camps/vacations

I am interested in having my son take the Ovid class this summer, but he is also wanting to do a one week camp at a college this summer and a one week Catholic retreat this summer. Add to that the fact that our family usually takes a few days of a week to go on a mini-vacation which has to be timed when my husband can clear a few days of his busy work schedule. Is it possible to do both? How disruptive would it be to miss 2-3 of the 8 Ovid classes if he can watch the recorded classes? I am not even sure if Ovid would go on his transcript- is it even a 1/2 credit of work? If not, I guess it really does not matter if he misses since it would be totally supplemental unless it disrupts the rest of the class to have a student miss. Must we choose between a summer class and summer camps or can we do both?
    Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
    DD, 27, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
    DS, 25, BS '18 mechanical engineering
    DS, 23, BS '20 Chemsitry, pursuing phd at Wash U
    (DDIL married #3 in 2020, MPOA grad, BA '20 philosophy, pusrsing phd at SLU)
    DS, 21, Physics and math major
    DD, 18, dyslexic, 12th grade dual enrolled
    DS, 14, future engineer/scientist/ world conquerer 9th MPOA diploma student
    DD, 8 , 2nd Future astronaut, robot building space artist

Re: Summer MPOA vs summer camps/vacations

momgineer,

Thank you very much for the question. While not ideal this should be fine. This happens every summer with students missing some of the class. I will consult with Mrs. Timmis on the credit recommendation. You can always personally email me at [email protected] as well.

Thanks!

Scott Piland
    Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Working...
    X