First Form Greek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Form Greek

Will a FFG class be forthcoming maybe next school year? My eldest (10th grade) is so excited and plans on teaching himself this year using the DVDs and CDs (it just came today). But I was thinking doing it again next year with an actual teacher would be good for him (he plans on majoring in classical history and classical languages).
    Brit

Catholic mom to five:
    Ds '01 - rising 12th grader (MP - lit, MPOA Material Logic)
    Ds '03 - rising 9th grader (MP - lit, Latin, MPOA Introductory Physics)
    Ds '06 - rising 7th grader (MP - lit, classical/American studies, Book of Trees, Geo 1 Review)
    Dd '10 (Down syndrome) - SC 1 plus SC B/C fine motor work
    Ds '15 - making mischief - having fun with MP PreK

Re: First Form Greek

Eager to hear the response to this from Mr. Piland, but I would think that your son would be able to go right to the Greek I class after doing First Form, especially as motivated as he sounds! Anyway, that is what we are planning to do next year, or so I hope.
    Delectare Literature 6A/7M Discussion Moderator
    DD 15 - MP Logic and various Lit guides
    DD 17 - DE, spending Spring semester volunteering in Ukraine

Comment

Originally posted by klwalukas View Post
      Eager to hear the response to this from Mr. Piland, but I would think that your son would be able to go right to the Greek I class after doing First Form, especially as motivated as he sounds! Anyway, that is what we are planning to do next year, or so I hope.
      Not Mr. Piland, but I just want to say that klwalukas is right. FFG is designed so that a student who has completed it can go straight to Croy's Primer of Biblical Greek, which is the text MPOA uses for Greek I and II.
      Michael
      Memoria Press

Comment

Hey ya'll,

Thank you very much for the question and glad to help. I do have plans to offer a FFG class as kind of a primer to the Croy sequence we already have, as long as there are enough folks interested. We used to offer a FFG class online but the text may have changed enough that we have to significantly revise it. It will likely be taught by Mr. Brian Davidson of Highlands Latin School, as is the Croy sequence online.

Thank you

Scott Piland
        Director
        Memoria Press Online Academy
        onlineacademy@memoriapress.com

Comment

Working...
        X