Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

credit questions

Good morning!

I am loosely planning my son's high school path with the hopes of MPOA diploma.. and had a few questions regarding credits and sequence. For what it's worth, he is very determined to go to Catholic Seminary out of high school, so we would like to set him up for this path as much as possible in high school.

Regarding Logic: He will be taking Traditional Logic I this coming year at our co-op. The diploma requires I. Would he be able to receive credit for this class, or does he need to take it again through MPOA? Also, I noticed that Moral Philosophy doesn't have credit assigned to it. Would this count towards the Logic requirements?

Here is what I was thinking:
    Logic I- 7th
    Logic II- 8th (online)
    Material Logic- 9th or 10th (as elective credit or logic credit ?)
    Informal Fallacies- 9th or 10th (as elective credit)
    Classical Rhetoric-11th or 12th
    Moral Philosophy-11th or 12th (as elective credit or logic credit ?)

Regarding Latin: In order to get him to AP Latin..would this work?
    SF- 7th
    TF-8th
    FF-9th
    Caeser-10th
    Cicero-11th
    AP Latin-12th

Lastly, where would Classical Philosophy fit? Is this a credit-worthy class..as an elective, perhaps?

Thank you for your guidance!
    Katie
    Katie

DS 17: Senior!
    DD 14: 10th
    DD 10: 6th
    Twin DD's 8: 3rd
    Mix of MP, Co-op, TAN and traveling the U.S

Re: credit questions

Katie,

Thank you very much for the questions. We're glad your interested in the diploma program! We think its going to be really great! I'll be glad to help. Let me handle this in order:

According to the standards, we can take this class. If he's accepted into the diploma program then we will allow a maximum of 6 credits from 7th and 8th grade, and we'll need to evaluate what he is done (no matter what class it is). So, no problem there.

(2) Moral Philosophy would be fine to group under the elective category. Logic I, II, and Rhetoric are required, leaving another .5 a credit to fulfill. We would want you to choose either Material Logic or Informal Fallacies for the other .5 credit.

(3) The sequence you have is perfect.

(4) Classical Philosophy would definitely be an elective.

I hope this helps you

Scott Piland
    Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy
    [email protected]

Comment

Re: credit questions

Originally posted by spiland View Post
      Katie,

Thank you very much for the questions. We're glad your interested in the diploma program! We think its going to be really great! I'll be glad to help. Let me handle this in order:

According to the standards, we can take this class. If he's accepted into the diploma program then we will allow a maximum of 6 credits from 7th and 8th grade, and we'll need to evaluate what he is done (no matter what class it is). So, no problem there.

(2) Moral Philosophy would be fine to group under the elective category. Logic I, II, and Rhetoric are required, leaving another .5 a credit to fulfill. We would want you to choose either Material Logic or Informal Fallacies for the other .5 credit.

(3) The sequence you have is perfect.

(4) Classical Philosophy would definitely be an elective.

I hope this helps you

Scott Piland
      Director
      Memoria Press Online Academy
      [email protected]
      Thank you, Mr. Piland! Your reply is very helpful.
      Katie

DS 17: Senior!
      DD 14: 10th
      DD 10: 6th
      Twin DD's 8: 3rd
      Mix of MP, Co-op, TAN and traveling the U.S

Comment

Working...
      X