• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiland
    replied
    Re: Online Chreia/Maxim?

Originally posted by marctoons View Post
    I am looking at the Chreia Maxim online class for the fall. Unfortunately, there is only one time available and it doesn't work with our schedule. I'm wondering about the Middle School Composition II as an alternative. Since there are two books covered in this class, does it move through the book at a faster pace? Or do you just make it through half of both books?

I have an eighth grader but he struggles with writing so I thought the Chreia/Maxim class would be a better pace for him (even though it suggests grades 6-7)

Thanks!
    marctoons,

Thank you very much for the question! You would be definitely okay to do the Middle School Composition II class. It covers about half of each book and moves at the same pace. So, your student would cover more stages (Ref/Con), but you would be moving at one lesson every two weeks. This would really be the perfect class for your eighth grader. It moves a nice, doable pace, does some review at the beginning of Fable and Narrative 1-2 lessons each, and your student will get individualized feedback on his assignments. I would also recommend our Grammar Camp (not many spots left) if part of the struggle with writing is English grammar.

Please let me know if this inspires other questions or if you need more information. Have a great day!

Scott Piland
    Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy
    Tel: 877-745-8866

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Re: Online Chreia/Maxim?

Originally posted by marctoons View Post
    I am looking at the Chreia Maxim online class for the fall. Unfortunately, there is only one time available and it doesn't work with our schedule. I'm wondering about the Middle School Composition II as an alternative. Since there are two books covered in this class, does it move through the book at a faster pace? Or do you just make it through half of both books?

I have an eighth grader but he struggles with writing so I thought the Chreia/Maxim class would be a better pace for him (even though it suggests grades 6-7)

Thanks!
    I have moved your post to the Online Academy board so you can get an answer from Mr. Piland.

Leave a comment:

• marctoons
    started a topic Online Chreia/Maxim?

Online Chreia/Maxim?

Thanks!
Working...
X