Attendance and recorded courses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attendance and recorded courses

I tried to find my answers on the Online Academy page, and I apologize if I missed them there.

My rising 10th grader is signed up for three courses next year. One is the Intro to Physics course. We live in California, so it begins at 6:30am here. Though the plan is that he attends every class, I cannot guarantee he will wake in time every session. Does MP OA have a drop policy regarding absences? If so, is there a way to get that policy waved, assuming the student watches the recorded class and is submitting all assignments/assessments on time? Though he and I could muddle our way through the book, he would benefit greatly from being taught by someone who knows what they are talking about.
    Brit

Catholic mom to five
    Prospective 2019-2020:
    Ds '01 - College freshman: Thomas Aquinas College
    Ds '03 - 10th grade: MPOA (SFL, biology, Algebra 2), MP 10M lit, US history, and MoDG religion
    Ds '06 - 8th: MP Tiner science (chemistry, physics, and astronomy), 8M lit, 8M Exploring Planet Earth, FFL, ancient history, OLVS 8 Catechism
    Dd '10 (Down syndrome) - JrK with SC C adaptations
    Ds '15 - JrK with big sister

Re: Attendance and recorded courses

Hello,

Thank you very much for the message. Glad to help!

If your student has to miss class we record each session for playback. We do not have a "drop policy" for this, but if he misses or plans to miss then the instructor will typically expect the student to:

(1) Watch the portion missed
    (2) Have the parent send a confirmation email that the student has done so

Some teachers may have an additional requirement, but most of them use (1) and (2) in these situations. We're pretty flexible with this sort of thing, we mostly just need to know that it is happening so we don't unnecessarily dock a student for participation.

Thank you very much for the question. Please let me know if we can help with anything else!

Scott Piland
    Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy
    onlineacademy@memoriapress.com

Comment

Re: Attendance and recorded courses

Thank you so much.
      Brit

Catholic mom to five
      Prospective 2019-2020:
      Ds '01 - College freshman: Thomas Aquinas College
      Ds '03 - 10th grade: MPOA (SFL, biology, Algebra 2), MP 10M lit, US history, and MoDG religion
      Ds '06 - 8th: MP Tiner science (chemistry, physics, and astronomy), 8M lit, 8M Exploring Planet Earth, FFL, ancient history, OLVS 8 Catechism
      Dd '10 (Down syndrome) - JrK with SC C adaptations
      Ds '15 - JrK with big sister

Comment

Working...
      X