Great idea!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great idea!

So glad to see a board dedicated to the online academy. I was wondering if one would eventually be started .

My daughter Angeline will be in Monday's Classical Studies I course (Mrs. Greever), Wednesday's Classical Compostion Fable/Narrative course (Mr. Maycock), and Friday's SFL course (Mrs. Cutrer).

She currently does FFL on Tuesdays with Mrs. Cutrer (loves her!).

Anyone else joining those? I know there will be two other 7th grade girls with Angeline for the Classical Studies course (yay!).
    Last edited by Benedictine15; 04-26-2016, 08:08 PM. Reason: Additions
    PAX,
    Theresa

ds -27-ICU Nurse
    ds -24-Grad school: DeSales U. Physician's Assistant Program
    dd -21-Working and taking online courses for vet tech
    dd -12-7M along with some MPOA classes

"I am a product of long corridors, empty sunlit rooms, upstairs indoor silences, attics explored in solitude, distant noises of gurgling cisterns and pipes, and the noise of wind under the tiles. Also, of endless books." -C.S. Lewis

Re: Great idea!

Theresa - I'm so glad that you registered your daughter for CSI!

My daughter will be in CSI (Greever), Ref/Con (Dray), Middle School Lit II (Greever), and TFL (King).

She is currently enrolled in SFL (Johnson), MS Lit I (Cable), FMG (Jacobson), Chreia/Maxim (Jacobson).
    DD 10th
    DS 6th
    DD 5th

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferjb View Post
      Theresa - I'm so glad that you registered your daughter for CSI!

My daughter will be in CSI (Greever), Ref/Con (Dray), Middle School Lit II (Greever), and TFL (King).

She is currently enrolled in SFL (Johnson), MS Lit I (Cable), FMG (Jacobson), Chreia/Maxim (Jacobson).
      Wow...your daughter is doing wonderful! We are a bit behind schedule since we are new to doing the whole MP curriculum. We have always used MP Latin but did an extra year for mastery.

I hope to do four classes in 8th grade then move to five in high school. I am sure we will be bumping into each other .
      PAX,
      Theresa

ds -27-ICU Nurse

"I am a product of long corridors, empty sunlit rooms, upstairs indoor silences, attics explored in solitude, distant noises of gurgling cisterns and pipes, and the noise of wind under the tiles. Also, of endless books." -C.S. Lewis

Comment

I just spied this new forum board as well!
        My daughter will be taking the FFL Review course in July.
        Plans for 2019-20

DD1 - 24 - College Grad and rocking her own bakery business
        DD2 - 13 - 8A Louisville HLS Cottage School and MPOA
        DS3 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
        DS4 - 11 - 4A Louisville HLS Cottage School
        DD5 - 7 - MP2, Louisville HLS Cottage School
        DS6 - 5 - MP K

[url]www.thekennedyadventures.com/all-about-our-memoria-press-homeschool[/url]

Comment

Hello!

I just stumbled across this forum. My daughter is just finishing her first year in the online academy. MS comp 2 and TFL. She is bummed out that the year is almost over. She is signed up for 2 classes in 8th grade - HS Comp 2 and Fourth form. I don't know our plans going forward, but my daughter wants to apply for the degree program.

Dorinda
          Dorinda

For 2019-2020
          DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
          DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
          DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
          DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post
            Hello!

I just stumbled across this forum. My daughter is just finishing her first year in the online academy. MS comp 2 and TFL. She is bummed out that the year is almost over. She is signed up for 2 classes in 8th grade - HS Comp 2 and Fourth form. I don't know our plans going forward, but my daughter wants to apply for the degree program.

Dorinda
            I hope we eventually *bump* into each other! I am looking at the diploma program as well. We will see where God leads.
            PAX,
            Theresa

ds -27-ICU Nurse

Comment

Originally posted by Benedictine15 View Post
              Wow...your daughter is doing wonderful! We are a bit behind schedule since we are new to doing the whole MP curriculum. We have always used MP Latin but did an extra year for mastery.

I hope to do four classes in 8th grade then move to five in high school. I am sure we will be bumping into each other .
              She started in 4th grade, so she started at the right time to be on track, and the only reason she has stayed on track is the online academy. She really struggles to get her work done on time so having deadlines is good for her. We started with two online classes and 5th and when she failed to meet deadlines in other subjects, we added two more in 6th.
              DD 10th
              DS 6th
              DD 5th

Comment

This fall will be our first with the online academy. I'm really excited about it. My oldest will be the one taking classes - Henle 1 units 1-5, Intro to Physics (6:30am our time! But I was very happy that as long as I communicate with the teacher and he watches the recorded class, he'll be okay if he misses here and there), and Modern Comp for High School (I think that's the name). We are working through Lost Tools of Writing this year, which I love. But he passively fights writing instruction/actually doing the writing, so I figured having someone else making his write essays would be good. Lol
                Brit

Catholic mom to five
                Prospective 2019-2020:
                Ds '01 - College freshman: Thomas Aquinas College
                Ds '03 - 10th grade: MPOA (SFL, biology, Algebra 2), MP 10M lit, US history, and MoDG religion
                Ds '06 - 8th: MP Tiner science (chemistry, physics, and astronomy), 8M lit, 8M Exploring Planet Earth, FFL, ancient history, OLVS 8 Catechism
                Dd '10 (Down syndrome) - JrK with SC C adaptations
                Ds '15 - JrK with big sister

Comment

Working...
                X