MPOA Narrative after CAP Fable + Narrative 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPOA Narrative after CAP Fable + Narrative 1

My son completed Classical Academic Press Fable 1 and Narrative 1 last year. I was considering enrolling him (last minute) into MPOA Narrative this school year. I know CAP and MP composition are different in nature; however, I was wondering if anyone could advise if he would be prepared for MP Narrative after the CAP course he completed last year? Or would it be better for him to complete MP Fable, prior to Narrative? Thanks in advance for the input!
    2021-2022
    9th year Homeschooling
    6th year MP
    Home + MPOA
    7th, 3rd, 3rd, 1st

Is this child the 8th grader (looking at your signature)? I would do it - the classes always review a couple of lessons from previous levels at the beginning of the year. It might be a bit rough at first, but he will be fine. You would need to get a student copy of fable. I have never used CAP, but I threw my younger kids into the old ref/con middle school class in 7th grade with only a couple lessons of fable and they both did fine. There is so much repetition in doing one level throughout the course of the year. Another option is to look at high school comp 1 which starts at the beginning, but they might not allow middle school students.
    Dorinda

Plans for 2022-2023
    16th year homeschooling, 13th year with Memoria Press
    DD College Sophomore
    DS 11th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata, MPOA Divine Comedy
    DS 9th grade - Vita Beata Literature/Classical Studies
    DS 4th grade - 4A with Right Start F, Second Form Latin, AAS 5

Comment

Originally posted by HartFamily06 View Post
      My son completed Classical Academic Press Fable 1 and Narrative 1 last year. I was considering enrolling him (last minute) into MPOA Narrative this school year. I know CAP and MP composition are different in nature; however, I was wondering if anyone could advise if he would be prepared for MP Narrative after the CAP course he completed last year? Or would it be better for him to complete MP Fable, prior to Narrative? Thanks in advance for the input!
      Hello! Yes, Narrative is a great choice for your student. The first several weeks of Narrative are a review of Fable and that should be a help to him in reviewing the Fable content. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Thank you!

Comment

Thank you both! I appreciate your insight!
        2021-2022
        9th year Homeschooling
        6th year MP
        Home + MPOA
        7th, 3rd, 3rd, 1st

Comment

Working...
        X