2022-2023 Course Offerings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022-2023 Course Offerings

Hello! I was wondering if MPOA plans to release the class schedule including times and instructors, prior to open enrollment? It would be fabulous to be able to have classes selected prior to enrollment.

Also, does MPOA have any plans to offer early registration to current students? I have seen a couple online academies offer this to their current families and I know this would be a blessing.

Thank you!
    2021-2022
    9th year Homeschooling
    6th year MP
    Home + MPOA
    7th, 3rd, 3rd, 1st

Excellent idea!

Tagging pschaeffer for input.
    2022-23: Year 12 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 27 - college grad, bakery owner
    DD2 - 16 - 11th grade - HLS Cottage School - online classes, Dual Credit - equestrian &theatre
    DS3 - 14 -7A Cottage School - soccer/tennis/aviation -dyslexia &dysgraphia
    DS4 -14 - 7A Cottage School -soccer/tennis/aviation -auditory processing disorder
    DD5 - 10- Mash up of SC levels and standard MP, Cottage School - inattentive ADHD - equestrian &tumbling
    DS6 - 8 - MP 1/SC -- 2E cutie with dyslexia, dysgraphia &ADHD

Comment

Both great ideas. I would rather wait a couple weeks to start registration, than to start registration with lots of TBDs. It is particularly hard for those who take more than 1 or 2 classes to schedule when there are many unknowns.
      DD18 | MPOA Graduate | Studying Music & Classical Languages
      DS 16 | 10th | MPOA & MP at home
      DD 14 | 9th | MPOA & MP at home
      2022-2023

Comment

Hello,

Our current plans are as follows:
        1. Times and teachers will be posted this month and next as we get those defined with no ability to register.
        2. Diploma students will be given the opportunity, via email, to register before open enrollment.
        3. We will publicize the date of when open enrollment will start to current families and then mass market to new families a week after open enrollment begins.

We don't intend to put up TBD classes this year; we will put up new sections on a rolling basis as needed and inform any families on waitlists of any sections of that course when a new section is posted.

Peace,
        Paul
        Paul Schaeffer
        --
        Academy Director
        Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Wonderful plan! Thank you Mr. Schaeffer!
          2021-2022
          9th year Homeschooling
          6th year MP
          Home + MPOA
          7th, 3rd, 3rd, 1st

Comment

pschaeffer please forgive me, but my impatience is getting the best of me. Have you all settled on a date that the 2022-2023 will be posted to the website? Thank you in advance! I know you all are working hard to make this happen and I greatly appreciate all of you!
            2021-2022
            9th year Homeschooling
            6th year MP
            Home + MPOA
            7th, 3rd, 3rd, 1st

Comment

Originally posted by HartFamily06 View Post
              pschaeffer please forgive me, but my impatience is getting the best of me. Have you all settled on a date that the 2022-2023 will be posted to the website? Thank you in advance! I know you all are working hard to make this happen and I greatly appreciate all of you!
              I haven't met you, but just wanted to say thank you! 😂 I've been checking the website daily to see if there are any updates. I'm only waiting on two classes, but it would feel amazing to have those two plans plugged into the matrix over here.

DD2 - 16 - 11th grade - HLS Cottage School - online classes, Dual Credit - equestrian &theatre
              DS4 -14 - 7A Cottage School -soccer/tennis/aviation -auditory processing disorder
              DD5 - 10- Mash up of SC levels and standard MP, Cottage School - inattentive ADHD - equestrian &tumbling

Comment

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post

I haven't met you, but just wanted to say thank you! 😂 I've been checking the website daily to see if there are any updates. I'm only waiting on two classes, but it would feel amazing to have those two plans plugged into the matrix over here.
                I was like- oh bet Dianna is happy somebody beside herself pestered Paul first!
                Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
                DD, 27, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
                DS, 25, BS '18 mechanical engineering
                DS, 23, BS '20 Chemsitry, pursuing phd at Wash U
                (DDIL married #3 in 2020, MPOA grad, BA '20 philosophy, pusrsing phd at SLU)
                DS, 21, Physics and math major
                DD, 18, dyslexic, 12th grade dual enrolled
                DS, 14, future engineer/scientist/ world conquerer 9th MPOA diploma student
                DD, 8 , 2nd Future astronaut, robot building space artist

Comment

I was hoping Tuesday (Feb 1 was a nice, "round" date), but we fell behind. We are going to start posting days, times, and teachers next week without the ability to register. Sometime in the next two weeks we will also email families enrolled this year with the official heads up when the "register" button appears.
                  Paul Schaeffer
                  --
                  Academy Director

Comment

Out of curiosity, I am taking an online adult Latin class this year. Will I get the enrolled families notice to register? My kids have been enrolled in MPOA for the last 6years, but are not enrolled this year because I was unable to wait for all the TBD instructor/class times last registration period. I am hoping to get my rising junior and freshman in this year.
                    Dorinda

Plans for 2022-2023
                    16th year homeschooling, 13th year with Memoria Press
                    DD College Sophomore
                    DS 11th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata, MPOA Divine Comedy
                    DS 9th grade - Vita Beata Literature/Classical Studies
                    DS 4th grade - 4A with Right Start F, Second Form Latin, AAS 5

Comment

Originally posted by momgineer View Post

I was like- oh bet Dianna is happy somebody beside herself pestered Paul first!
                      You're exactly right. 🤣 I'm trying to behave myself over here.

Comment

pschaeffer Thank you! For everyone waiting (like me), a couple of classes posted today with a “waitlist” option. Times/days are posted for those couple classes (I am sure you all share my excitement!) 🥳
                        2021-2022
                        9th year Homeschooling
                        6th year MP
                        Home + MPOA
                        7th, 3rd, 3rd, 1st

Comment

Does it serve any purpose to join the waitlist before registration has officially opened?

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post
                            Out of curiosity, I am taking an online adult Latin class this year. Will I get the enrolled families notice to register? My kids have been enrolled in MPOA for the last 6years, but are not enrolled this year because I was unable to wait for all the TBD instructor/class times last registration period. I am hoping to get my rising junior and freshman in this year.
                            You should. I just pulled the list based on anyone that was enrolled in a class.

Peace,
                            Paul
                            Paul Schaeffer
                            --
                            Academy Director

Comment

Originally posted by Deb H View Post
                              Does it serve any purpose to join the waitlist before registration has officially opened?
                              Currently no. I tried to remove that button until we are ready to launch registration
                              Paul Schaeffer
                              --
                              Academy Director

Comment

Working...
                              X