No announcement yet.

Classical Studies series and years offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got in moderation prison, too - all it took was three links ;-)
    DS (16)
    DD (15)
    DS (7)

Comment

A follow up question to this thread I started. If you remember, I'm trying to decide if CSIII at MPOA (Cicero / City of God) would be ok for my 9th graders next year. I've received a copy of the version of City of God which is used in this class. Does anyone know if they cover the entire book or just parts of it? I'm wanting to focus my reading to the sections they would have to know for class. If it's the entire book, it might be too much for them as 9th graders anyway. I wish that MPOA could post syllabi for their high school level online classes, even the ones not offered each year, so that we can evaluate! Thanks!

Nicole - mom - Doctor of Pharmacy, UMKC 2002, M.S. Bioethics, 2020, Univ. of Mary.
      2020/2021 - 4th year homeschooling and with MP
      DS - 8th, 14 yo
      DS - 8th, 13 yo

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirxd View Post
        I wish that MPOA could post syllabi for their high school level online classes, even the ones not offered each year, so that we can evaluate! Thanks!
        YES!!! Please post the description of classes that you intend to offer other years so we can plan better- especially the classical studies and Christian studies that you offer on a cycle.
        Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
        DD, 27, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
        DS, 25, BS '18 mechanical engineering
        DS, 23, BS '20 Chemsitry, pursuing phd at Wash U
        (DDIL married #3 in 2020, MPOA grad, BA '20 philosophy, pusrsing phd at SLU)
        DS, 21, Physics and math major
        DD, 18, dyslexic, 12th grade dual enrolled
        DS, 14, future engineer/scientist/ world conquerer 9th MPOA diploma student
        DD, 8 , 2nd Future astronaut, robot building space artist

Comment

Honestly, CS III is tough for 9th graders. We cover the entire book in a semester.

We will get descriptions of the other courses posted hopefully soon. In the meantime, feel free to email us at [email protected] if you would like to look at a syllabus for a particular class.

Peace,
          Paul
          Paul Schaeffer
          --
          Academy Director
          Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

pschaeffer
            Administrator
            pschaeffer Thanks. Another mom sent me a portion of the syllabus form last year. Agree that I think I will wait until 10th or 11th grade for CS III.
            Nicole - mom - Doctor of Pharmacy, UMKC 2002, M.S. Bioethics, 2020, Univ. of Mary.
            2020/2021 - 4th year homeschooling and with MP
            DS - 8th, 14 yo
            DS - 8th, 13 yo

Comment

Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post
              Honestly, CS III is tough for 9th graders. We cover the entire book in a semester.

We will get descriptions of the other courses posted hopefully soon. In the meantime, feel free to email us at [email protected] if you would like to look at a syllabus for a particular class.

Peace,
              Paul
              Given this, is there any plan to update the course numbers to match HLS? I know order doesn’t matter, but it would make it more obvious that Greek Drama is more suitable for 9th grade whereas Cicero/Augustine is not as much so.
              DD 17 | 12th
              DS 15 | 9th
              DD 13 | 8th
              2021-2022

13th Year HSing, 9th Year MP

Comment

Yes, we are going to try to change that as we put up classes for registration this month.

Peace,
                Paul
                Paul Schaeffer
                --
                Academy Director
                Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Working...
                X