Due Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due Dates

I'm trying to allow my high schooler to drive her schedule as much as possible, whereas in past years I've gone through and put all of the assignments and due dates into our usual school planning system. She is really struggling with due dates for quizzes and she has already missed a couple. I am trying to go in and spot check to give prompting to her now, but it appears that the only way to find out when something is due is to open the actual quiz assignment page for each individual quiz. No wonder she is struggling! Is there another way that I'm not seeing? When you have a lot of classes to look through, opening assignment after assignment to check due dates over and over is hardly practical or friendly to students who are trying to manage their busy high school schedules.

Any ideas or suggestions to help? Maybe she's the only one struggling...
    Samantha

My son said he checks all his quizzes once at the beginning of the week and marks the dates in his planner. HTH!
    Jennifer
    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2021-2022
    DS18: Almost done!
    DS17: MP, MPOA
    DS15: MP, MPOA
    DS12: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
    DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
    DD9: SC3
    DD6: MPK

Comment

Thanks Jennifer. Definitely a good practice.

The one she discovered she missed today was definitely confusing. We have gotten used to the way past teachers have formatted their class pages as far as the schedule and this one is different, so the due dates are a week earlier than we would expect. So we definitely need to go back and check them more closely.
      Samantha

Comment

In each course my kids have had, there is a section on the top right that says "Activities" with assignments, forums, quizzes, resources links underneath. If you click on "assignments" and "quizzes," there is a page that lists the assignments, due dates, and grades. Be aware, though, that you have to check both categories. HTH!
        Amanda - Mama to three crazy boys, teacher at St. Dominic Latin (FFL, TFL, 4FL, Traditional Logic 1&2), Memoria College student

2021-2022
        9th grade - a mix of MPOA, Vita Beata, Lukeion, and AOPS
        8th grade - 8M with modifications
        4th grade - 4A

"Non nisi te, Domine. Non nisi te" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by Nerdmom View Post
          In each course my kids have had, there is a section on the top right that says "Activities" with assignments, forums, quizzes, resources links underneath. If you click on "assignments" and "quizzes," there is a page that lists the assignments, due dates, and grades. Be aware, though, that you have to check both categories. HTH!
          This!!! Thank you so much Amanda! Exactly what I needed. How have I been in MPOA for so long and not realized this was there???
          Samantha

Comment

Originally posted by Nerdmom View Post
            That is great! I was also unaware of this view. I thought there was no way to match weeks with due date, since some courses leave quizzes/assignments open until end of quarter.
            DD13—MP7, MPOA
            DS7—MP1

Comment

Make sure you note THE TIME OF DAY, not just the day! This year we're dealing with weird deadlines, while in the past they were all 11:59pm, so we had assumed that was MPOA policy. Not so! Just now the kids found out an essay is due today at 9:50am... Luckily they were ready to go, but they had assumed it would be due at midnight.
              DS (15)
              DD (14)
              DS (7)

Comment

Working...
              X