Special Needs Latina Christiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Needs Latina Christiana

I am super interested in the special needs Latina Christiana MPOA class that just posted. I have an ADHD learner and have been hesitant to enroll him in MPOA due to his attention and learning challenges. My oldest took LC through MPOA so I am familiar with the standard format. How does the special needs option differ? Thank you in advance!
    2020-2021
    7th year Homeschooling
    4th year MP
    Home + MPOA
    5th, 2nd, 2nd, K

I don't know the differences, but you can't beat having Catfan as the teacher for that class!!
    Jennifer
    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2021-2022
    DS18: Almost done!
    DS17: MP, MPOA
    DS15: MP, MPOA
    DS12: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
    DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
    DD9: SC3
    DD6: MPK

Comment

cherylswope - did you know this class existed? How amazing!!!
      Christine

(2021/2022)
      DD1 8/23/09 - Mix of MP5 and MP6 (SFL, Birds, R&S 6 Math, Language Arts with Grandma)
      DS2 9/1/11 - MP4M
      DD3 2/9/13 -MP2/MP3

Previous Years
      DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, SC 5/6, MP4 + FFL and R&S Math 5, MPOA Fable
      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2/AAR/Storytime Treasures), Traditional Spelling 1, SC5/6 Year 1
      DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1

Comment

Following! I can't wait to hear how this would differ from the standard LC!

Comment

HartFamily06 , thank you for your interest! Here are the differences between MPOA typical Latina Christiana and Special Needs Latina Christiana:

- smaller class size (only 8 seats offered)
          - shorter classes 2x/week (45 min twice weekly, rather than 90min 1x/week)
          - increased awareness of special needs when teaching
          - implementation of teaching ideas from Simply Classical Latin lesson plans

Note: See also Special Needs Literature. In Special Needs Lit, all of the above apply except SN Lit will meet once weekly to allow for reading and delving deeply into the content. We felt this would suit literature well. We wanted Latin to be taught over two periods.

And Christine, yes! This has been a dream for quite a while, but Mr. Paul Schaeffer and Christy Buss are making the dream happen for our students! We all collaborated and decided to start with these two courses. Requests are welcome for the next round!

Comment

cherylswope Thank you so much for the details! This is all very exciting to me and I am so happy to hear there is a literature option as well! I am so thankful that MP continues to look for ways to help and serve all of their families! My little ADHD buddy is going to be so excited to have online classes accessible to him ☺️
            2020-2021
            7th year Homeschooling
            4th year MP
            Home + MPOA
            5th, 2nd, 2nd, K

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
              [

Note: See also Special Needs Literature. In Special Needs Lit, all of the above apply except SN Lit will meet once weekly to allow for reading and delving deeply into the content. We felt this would suit literature well. We wanted Latin to be taught over two periods.

cherylswope, I found the Special Needs Literature listing and it says Level 6. There isn't a course description yet but I'm assuming it covers the second year of Level 5/6. Can you confirm which books will be covered?
              Jennifer

2021-2022

Comment

Hi, Jen. Let's wait for the description to be released before we confirm.

Thanks, everyone, for the early interest. We are eager to promote these classes officially in the near future!

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
                  Hi, Jen. Let's wait for the description to be released before we confirm.

Thanks, everyone, for the early interest. We are eager to promote these classes officially in the near future!
                  I understand. C has been begging to take an MPOA class now that he's almost 13 and this might give him the opportunity, but it will depend on the books. I won't worry about it; if it's meant to be, he'll get a seat
                  Jennifer

2021-2022

Comment

Unofficially, I can say that our SC 6 Lit books are Charlotte's Web and Mr. Popper's Penguins. I believe these are the books that will be studied in the class. Both have elements of humor, with the former also bringing in self-sacrifice and devotion, as you know. We thought these would be a good mix for the first class.

Comment

This sounds wonderful, cherylswope. I love seeing SC and associated components and programs created and enhanced.
                      21/22 - 4th MP Year, Dad & Quadrivium Teacher
                      S - 7, 2nd MP @ HLN & Home
                      D - 5, K MP @ HLN & Home
                      S - 4, Jr K MP @ Home

Comment

Originally posted by HartFamily06 View Post
                        I am super interested in the special needs Latina Christiana MPOA class that just posted. I have an ADHD learner and have been hesitant to enroll him in MPOA due to his attention and learning challenges. My oldest took LC through MPOA so I am familiar with the standard format. How does the special needs option differ? Thank you in advance!
                        Where are these magical SC classes? I'm not seeing them on the MPOA site, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.
                        Plans for 2021-22

Year 11 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 26 - Small Business owner with 2 locations
                        DD2 - 15 - 10th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA/True North Academy/Vita Beata - equestrian
                        DS3 - 13 -6A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
                        DS4 - 13 - 6A Cottage School -soccer -auditory processing disorder
                        DD5 - 9 - 4A, Cottage School/MPOA -equestrian
                        DS6 - 7 - MPK - first time at the Cottage School this fall!

Comment

DiannaKennedy If you select “all courses” from the drop down menu on the Memoria Press academy site and enter “special needs” in the search selection the two courses should come up ☺️
                          2020-2021
                          7th year Homeschooling
                          4th year MP
                          Home + MPOA
                          5th, 2nd, 2nd, K

Comment

Hi folks, these are "officially" posted now. Can't get anything past you all https://www.memoriapressacademy.com/...needs-classes/ There is a button under "Courses" now that points to it.

Please share this information with your friends!

Peace,
                            Paul
                            Paul Schaeffer
                            --
                            Academy Director
                            Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Working...
                            X