Heads up on MPOA quizzes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up on MPOA quizzes

Just a heads up on MPOA quizzes for parents: If a child inputs an answer (without hitting submit), and hovers their mouse over the answer, the computer will tell them whether or not their answer is correct by saying "1.0 out of 1.0" points. This allows a child to guess (repeatedly without penalty as long as they don't hit submit)....or worse determine an answer without *any knowledge* through a process of elimination, and still get a 100%. Your kids may or may not have figured this out.
    Cathy aka The Attached Mama
    2019-2020
    DS 12, 7th Grade
    DD 11, 6th Grade
    DS 5, K

Did you let pschaeffer know?
    Jennifer
    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS17: MP, MPOA, HSC
    DS16: MP, MPOA, HSC
    DS14: MP, MPOA
    DS12: Finishing SC 4 >> Moving on to mix of SC 5/6 & 7/8
    DD10: Finishing 3A >> Moving on to miix of 5M and SC7/8
    DD8: SC3
    DD6: MPK

Comment

We just discovered this as well. So many reasons my kid isn't retaining or learning anything!

Comment

Hi Cathy,
        Typically our quizzes are set for one of three options:
        1. There is no option for checking; when they hit "submit" they are locked in.
        2. There is an option for checking; if the student uses it, every time they check points are deducted. This is used particularly in cumulative subjects as it gives them the incentive to not just pass over a wrong answer and say, "Whoops, I guess I don't know that" but still penalizes them for not getting it right the first time.
        3. There are rare practice quizzes that are not graded or not intended to affect the overall grade much or at all where a student can have infinite attempts. It is more like a workbook or memory exercise than a quiz.

If there is other quiz behavior, I want to know about it. Could you please let me know which courses you are referring to? That will help us track it down ASAP and fix it. We have done a lot of work behind the scenes this year to try to make the courses better now and in the future and this would definitely be something that needs to be included in that project.

Peace,
        Paul
        Paul Schaeffer
        --
        Academy Director
        Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

I found it. It has to do with a particular question type. We will be working to resolve this as quickly as we can.
          Paul Schaeffer
          --
          Academy Director
          Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Working...
          X