Registering for Classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registering for Classes

My son has been taking MPOA classes for two years, and I'm wanting to register him for three classes for the next school year. I'm not sure how to go about planning for classes. If he is on the waitlist for Dr. Dray's chreia/maxim course, should I also register for one of the TBA courses in case no spots become available? Is there an estimate for when the course schedules might be finalized? I also don't know what times to register him for Latin and FMMA because I don't know when to expect to know about the composition course. I'd love a little guidance. Or maybe I should call MP? Thanks! ---Kristen
    Kristen

DD 16
    DD 14
    DS 12
    DS 9

Good luck getting any kind of reasonable answer. I would start looking elsewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by ms. pacman View Post
      My son has been taking MPOA classes for two years, and I'm wanting to register him for three classes for the next school year. I'm not sure how to go about planning for classes. If he is on the waitlist for Dr. Dray's chreia/maxim course, should I also register for one of the TBA courses in case no spots become available? Is there an estimate for when the course schedules might be finalized? I also don't know what times to register him for Latin and FMMA because I don't know when to expect to know about the composition course. I'd love a little guidance. Or maybe I should call MP? Thanks! ---Kristen
      Hi Kristen,

If you give us a call at 877-745-8866 or email us at [email protected] we can give you an accurate answer of where you are on the waitlist and a guestimate of your chances of getting in to Dr. Dray's class. I'd love to clone him if I could!

We are posting class times as soon as we have them set with the teachers. I hope to have some answers for composition classes in the next week or two.

Our new site gives you the option now for submitting for a transfer to another section easily if that is needed down the road. So say you sign up for FMMA and Latin but then Dr. Dray's class opens up. At that point you can ask to transfer to other Latin and FMMA sections if there are openings to accommodate your schedule needs. As soon as I see all the sections of a particular course full, I am trying to open another section (at least at this point in the year). Does that make sense? We can talk about it more fully on the phone if you call about the waitlist spot.

Peace,
      Paul
      Paul Schaeffer
      --
      Academy Director
      Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Paul,

Thank you so much for the information, and I really appreciate you calling and leaving that detailed message for me! I will try and call the office tomorrow or next week to set the classes up. It's too bad the waitlist for Dr. Dray's class is so long, but I'm sure everyone is hard at work on his clone.

Thanks again!
        Kristen

DD 16
        DD 14
        DS 12
        DS 9

Comment

Working...
        X