• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    BearWallowSchool

• BearWallowSchool
    replied
    Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post

I'm going to go ahead and tell you she means First Form.
    Thank you! And duh, after I thought about it there isn’t even a Fourth Form class! Ha

I’m considering the first form summer class.

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin

• pickandgrin
    replied
    Originally posted by BearWallowSchool View Post
    DiannaKennedy, Do you mean Fourth Form or First Form?
    I'm going to go ahead and tell you she means First Form.

Leave a comment:

• BearWallowSchool

• BearWallowSchool
    replied
    DiannaKennedy, Do you mean Fourth Form or First Form?

Leave a comment:

• DiannaKennedy

• DiannaKennedy
    replied
    So, who is diving in with me in FFL?

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin

• pickandgrin
    replied
    Deb H This makes me so excited to think we may be in class together! I'm sitting at 95% commitment. I need to get over the last 5%. This class means shelving my other academic pursuits for the duration, likely. I did that in 2020 to accomplish something specific; it took all year and it felt great. I know from experience that giving my all to something and conquering it by this time next year is a worthy investment. I think I'm up to 96% now. Ha!
    Truly the only thing for me still under consideration is the time-slot. I need to make sure I can give up those mid-afternoons in a really ongoing way. Being only 1.5 hours helps.

Leave a comment:

• Deb H
    replied
    Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
    I'm eyeing Third. Anyone else?
    I know I could do it at home, but I also know the value of a great teacher, like-minded peers, and strict schedule!
    I just finished the Adult SFL class with Magistra Strickland and I can not say enough good things about the class and Susan. I looked forward to class every week and found Susan to be so encouraging. It was definitely hard to keep on top of it but well worth the effort. The most helpful thing is to not get behind on quizzes (same advice we hear our kids' teachers telling them!). SFL wrapped up last month and now I am going back through all my Second Form recitation and grammar rules. I also purchased a second student workbook and am working my way though sections that gave me trouble the first time through or areas where I just need extra practice. In Magistra's word, "TFL will kick you in the teeth if you're not solid on Second Form." I will be ready for Third From this summer! It'd be so fun to be in class with familiar voices!

Leave a comment:

• 3Blessings

• 3Blessings
    replied
    Originally posted by howiecram View Post

https://www.memoriapressacademy.com/adult-courses/

I just got an e-mail from Mrs. Strickland! The course link works now and it starts in June! .
    I am so glad you posted that! I wasn't planning on taking it because I didn't think there was any way I could get through second form in 6 weeks. Now that it's almost a full 3 months I think I am going to sign up!

Leave a comment:

• howiecram

• howiecram
    replied
    Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post

Thanks. We will try to figure that out tomorrow.
    AH! I see now on the "course" drop down menu there is an "adult" selection.

Leave a comment:

• howiecram

• howiecram
    replied
    Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post

I hadn’t heard anything about Sodalitas this year. Is it happening? It is hard to find the summer adult classes. I hadn’t heard about the adult classes until I saw this thread.
    It is July 12-13.

Leave a comment:

• pschaeffer
    Administrator

• pschaeffer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post

I hadn’t heard anything about Sodalitas this year. Is it happening? It is hard to find the summer adult classes. I hadn’t heard about the adult classes until I saw this thread.
    Yes, it is happening. Details and registration will be posted soon.

Leave a comment:

• pschaeffer
    Administrator

• pschaeffer
    replied
    sorry..one last thing. Is the class scheduled for the week of Sodalitas. It would be nice if that week was scheduled off. I noticed the schedule this year goes a few more weeks, so I wondered if that was the case?
    Yes, that week will be off for the adult Latin classes.

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj

• Mom2mthj
    replied
    sorry..one last thing. Is the class scheduled for the week of Sodalitas. It would be nice if that week was scheduled off. I noticed the schedule this year goes a few more weeks, so I wondered if that was the case?

Leave a comment:

• pschaeffer
    Administrator

• pschaeffer
    replied
    ..but FYI, I can't find the adult course if you look at "summer" courses or click on latin.....so if you weren't in the class last summer, I'm not sure how you would find it?
    Thanks. We will try to figure that out tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• howiecram

• howiecram
    replied

Leave a comment:

• howiecram

• howiecram
    replied
    ..but FYI, I can't find the adult course if you look at "summer" courses or click on latin.....so if you weren't in the class last summer, I'm not sure how you would find it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X