Adult Summer Latin classes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adult Summer Latin classes?

Are there going to be summer adult latin classes? I'm interested in the adult second form class.
    Christine

(2021/2022)
    DD1 8/23/09 - Mix of MP5 and MP6 (SFL, Birds, R&S 6 Math, Language Arts with Grandma)
    DS2 9/1/11 - MP4M
    DD3 2/9/13 -MP2/MP3

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, SC 5/6, MP4 + FFL and R&S Math 5, MPOA Fable
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2/AAR/Storytime Treasures), Traditional Spelling 1, SC5/6 Year 1
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1

Yes. We will have First, Second, and Third Form. Mitchell is working on adding those ASAP.

Peace,
    Paul
    Paul Schaeffer
    --
    Academy Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

I'm eyeing Third. Anyone else?
      I know I could do it at home, but I also know the value of a great teacher, like-minded peers, and strict schedule!
      Festina lentē,
      Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
      12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN
      10th • HLN, Latin online, MPOA
      7th • HLN & Home
      4th • HLN & Home
      Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; teaching TFL and co-directing @

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
        I know I could do it at home, but I also know the value of a great teacher, like-minded peers, and strict schedule!
        The class was a breath of fresh air last summer, especially "in light" of COVID. However, it was really just great having that schedule. I would never have the discipline to do it on my own!
        Christine

(2021/2022)
        DD1 8/23/09 - Mix of MP5 and MP6 (SFL, Birds, R&S 6 Math, Language Arts with Grandma)
        DS2 9/1/11 - MP4M
        DD3 2/9/13 -MP2/MP3

Previous Years
        DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, SC 5/6, MP4 + FFL and R&S Math 5, MPOA Fable
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2/AAR/Storytime Treasures), Traditional Spelling 1, SC5/6 Year 1

Comment

Originally posted by howiecram View Post
          Are there going to be summer adult latin classes? I'm interested in the adult second form class.
          I signed up for Second Form this morning! I'm looking forward to summer Latin again this year - it was such a great class last year!
          Central Ohio

2021-2022
          5th year homeschooling - 5th year MP user
          DS 10 - MP 5A
          DS 8 - MP 2
          DS 5 - MP K

Comment

I am excited about it. I am finally in unit 5 of second form! Actually I did unit four and five to help my son with third form a couple of years ago, but went back and started again from the beginning. I could use help with third if I hope to finish it this decade. I started first form with my now senior when she was in fourth grade, so I am slow!
            Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
            15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
            DD College Freshman
            DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
            DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
            DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

Comment

I am having trouble finding the adult summer Latin classes. I am finding the new site confusing. Any help would be welcome.
              Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
              DD College Freshman

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post
                I am having trouble finding the adult summer Latin classes. I am finding the new site confusing. Any help would be welcome.
                If you go to the Courses pull-down menu, go to All Courses, then limit the subject list to Latin, and it will be listed there with all the other Latin classes. I can't find it anywhere else, and I'm guessing I stumbled on this while trying to figure out classes for my son.
                Central Ohio

2021-2022
                5th year homeschooling - 5th year MP user
                DS 10 - MP 5A
                DS 8 - MP 2
                DS 5 - MP K

Comment

Thanks! It was on page 5.

quick question for Paul...it appears that third form is in a summer and fall session. Summer (part 1) has a time, but no price listed and Fall (part 2) has a price but no time listed. Should I assume that it will be at the same time?
                  Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
                  DD College Freshman

Comment

I'd love to do Third, but it starts in July. Eek! We start school in August, so I'm not sure I can manage all of those things. I was hoping it would start earlier in the summer so I could get a good jump on it by August.

I must take a hard look and what my fall entails before I can commit. Hopefully I can swing it.

I took 2nd with Mrs. Strickland last summer and she was nothing short of amazing. Yes, a great teacher and strict schedule are very helpful!
                    Mama to 5 Sweet Ones

2021-2022:
                    11th grade DS: Mix of MP materials, MPOA, and BJU
                    9th grade DD: Mostly 9M, MPOA, and French
                    7th grade DD: 7M
                    5th Grade DD: 5M
                    4.5 yo DS: Outside as much as possible beating on things with sticks; MP Jr. K and Mom made fun things

Comment

My daughter is in Fiist Form right now in the Academy. She is learning so much. What is the difference between the full year online class and the adult summer class?
                      JeJe Greer
                      Mom to:
                      Stella 9th grade with half MP and half Schole Academy classes
                      Clara (Combination of SC 5/6 and 4th New User)

Comment

My understanding is that it is a compressed class for adults who will either be teaching their own children at home or who just want to learn the material themselves. MPOA does not allow adults to register for their regular classes and these new(ish) classes are for adults only.
                        Dorinda

Plans for 2021-2022
                        DD College Freshman

Comment

Originally posted by jejegreer View Post
                          My daughter is in Fiist Form right now in the Academy. She is learning so much. What is the difference between the full year online class and the adult summer class?
                          The difference, as Dorinda explained is one is for adults and one is for children! The adult class gave me the confidence to help my daughter! I still actually have her watch the DVD, rather than actually teacher her myself, but I understand the material so if she has questions I can help her more.
                          Christine

(2021/2022)
                          DS2 9/1/11 - MP4M
                          DD3 2/9/13 -MP2/MP3

Previous Years

Comment

Originally posted by MamaHill View Post

I'd love to do Third, but it starts in July. Eek! We start school in August, so I'm not sure I can manage all of those things. I was hoping it would start earlier in the summer so I could get a good jump on it by August.

I must take a hard look and what my fall entails before I can commit. Hopefully I can swing it.

I took 2nd with Mrs. Strickland last summer and she was nothing short of amazing. Yes, a great teacher and strict schedule are very helpful!
                            MamaHill Could you share a little about what your weekly schedule was like with managing a class 2x week plus the homework and memorization? Would love to hear from any others with experience on this as well. Thanks!
                            Festina lentē,
                            Jessica P

7th • HLN & Home
                            4th • HLN & Home

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post

I am excited about it. I am finally in unit 5 of second form! Actually I did unit four and five to help my son with third form a couple of years ago, but went back and started again from the beginning. I could use help with third if I hope to finish it this decade. I started first form with my now senior when she was in fourth grade, so I am slow!
                              I am on the "Learn the Latin Grammar in 20 Easy Years" plan. I am currently in year 9 and need to get cracking. Ha!
                              Festina lentē,
                              Jessica P

7th • HLN & Home
                              4th • HLN & Home

Comment

Working...
                              X