Conflict?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conflict?

Hello! I have a quick question - Mr. Hanson seems to be scheduled on Mondays at 1pm to do both Henle II and Classical Studies IV, if I'm not misreading. As much as I'd like to kill two birds with one stone, I guess there's a typo somewhere?
    DS (16)
    DD (15)
    DS (7)

The Facebook group is buzzing right now. Some people can apparently see the new schedule, but some of us cannot. Can you please explain what is going on so that we are not frantic? Thanks.
    Nicole - mom - Doctor of Pharmacy, UMKC 2002, M.S. Bioethics, 2020, Univ. of Mary.
    2021-2022 - 5th year homeschooling and with MP
    DS - 8th, 14 yo
    DS - 8th, 13 yo

Comment

I'm not on Facebook, so I don't know what others may be talking about - I just went to the MPOA website, which is all new and with the schedule for next year right there.
      DS (16)
      DD (15)
      DS (7)

Comment

I'm guessing the rush is creating a bit of a server overload. It worked fine for me, then went down, then came back up.
        Festina lentē,
        Jessica P

'22-'23 • 13th year HSing • 11th year MP
        DS Hillsdale College freshman
        DD 11th • HLN & Latin online
        DD 8th • HLN & Home
        DS 5th • HLN & Home
        Me • Memoria College, MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching Third Form Latin and co-directing @
        Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

I have not been able to load the site at all. I have removed all extensions from Chrome, tried a different browser, and also removed all cookies. Someone else on the FB group said they registered for Fourth Form Latin with the teacher that I want for my kids, so I know that class is available, but I cannot see it! so frustrating! I tried calling MPOA, but no answer, so I had to leave a message.

Correction: I can load the MPOA site, but I do not see any classes for next year's term. the term is not even listed.
          Last edited by Nikkirxd; 02-11-2021, 09:03 AM.
          Nicole - mom - Doctor of Pharmacy, UMKC 2002, M.S. Bioethics, 2020, Univ. of Mary.
          DS - 8th, 14 yo
          DS - 8th, 13 yo

Comment

I think it's a server issue. They completely rebuilt the site (it's BEAUTIFUL!) so they're likely dealing with server issues, people's browser caches, etc. A friend texted me about it this morning but I couldn't see it until about an hour later.

Honestly, in a setup like this it's better to release the new site and then open registration after a few days so that the bugs can get worked out on the server (my husband does this for a living). But they were under a lot of pressure to get things open so I think we can all sit tight for a while and be calm. They're trying their best to meet everyone's needs.
            Jennifer
            Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS18: Graduated and living his dream in the automotive trades
            DS17: MP, MPOA, headed to his favorite liberal arts college this fall
            DS15: MP, MPOA
            DS13: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
            DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
            DD10: SC3
            DD7: MPK

Comment

Hi folks, DNS is a tricky thing. Even when we update it, it takes time for all internet providers to update the settings. You should see the new site by end of day.

I'll check on Mr. Hanson's times.

Peace,
              Paul
              Paul Schaeffer
              --
              Academy Director
              Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post
                Hi folks, DNS is a tricky thing. Even when we update it, it takes time for all internet providers to update the settings. You should see the new site by end of day.

I'll check on Mr. Hanson's times.

Peace,
                Paul
                It is! Jeremiah hates the wait for DNS changes!

Hang in there pschaeffer -- you guys did an AMAZING job on this site. Not just the design, but the functionality and clarity as well. I know first hand how much work goes into something like this. Please tell your team thank you for every bit of it.
                Jennifer
                Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS18: Graduated and living his dream in the automotive trades
                DS17: MP, MPOA, headed to his favorite liberal arts college this fall
                DS15: MP, MPOA
                DS13: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
                DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
                DD10: SC3
                DD7: MPK

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
                  you guys did an AMAZING job on this site. Not just the design, but the functionality and clarity as well. I know first hand how much work goes into something like this. Please tell your team thank you for every bit of it.
                  Agreed! It's lovely! Well done, MPOA!
                  Amanda - Mama to three crazy boys, teacher at St. Dominic Latin (FFL, TFL, 4FL, Traditional Logic 1&2), Memoria College student

2021-2022
                  9th grade - a mix of MPOA, Vita Beata, Lukeion, and AOPS
                  8th grade - 8M with modifications
                  4th grade - 4A

"Non nisi te, Domine. Non nisi te" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirxd View Post
                    I have not been able to load the site at all. I have removed all extensions from Chrome, tried a different browser, and also removed all cookies. Someone else on the FB group said they registered for Fourth Form Latin with the teacher that I want for my kids, so I know that class is available, but I cannot see it! so frustrating! I tried calling MPOA, but no answer, so I had to leave a message.

Correction: I can load the MPOA site, but I do not see any classes for next year's term. the term is not even listed.
                    Did you try logging into your child account? Then the first line under the calendar is "register for next year". Then, it opens a new page...then you click on another hyperlink to actually register. I had better success that way.
                    Christine

(2022/2023)
                    DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
                    DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
                    DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
                    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
                    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
                    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Thank you so much, pschaeffer , I see now it's been corrected.
                      DS (16)
                      DD (15)
                      DS (7)

Comment

Wow, the new site is very nice! Great work!

Curious as to which Latin courses will be offered as Self-Paced? If you have a list, that would be wonderful so I can discern as to which we would keep live and which we could do at self-pace.
                        Katie

DS 17: Senior!
                        DD 14: 10th
                        DD 10: 6th
                        Twin DD's 8: 3rd
                        Mix of MP, Co-op, TAN and traveling the U.S

Comment

I was finally able to get to the new site on one of our computers, but not on the other one. Interesting. Paul, could you also check on Dr. Dray's Ref/Con class? It is already down to 9 slots left even though there is not even a time listed for the class! It says the day of the week, but no time. I think this is probably the one I want, but need to make sure of the time before the class is full. Thanks!
                          DS - 8th, 14 yo
                          DS - 8th, 13 yo

Comment

The time is up now. We are squashing bugs like an exterminator today!

Peace,
                            Paul
                            Paul Schaeffer
                            --
                            Academy Director
                            Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Lol! Thanks! New website looks great. Sorry we are all such pests, ha!
                              DS - 8th, 14 yo
                              DS - 8th, 13 yo

Comment

Working...
                              X