Please explain/remind me how accounts are set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please explain/remind me how accounts are set up

In the last 10 years I’ve registered 3 kids for a total of 4 classes so I’ve obviously done this 4 times, but I can’t remember. Do I have an account with my email that I use to register/pay for classes and then enter my child’s email as the one taking the class at a later time? Or do I have to log in as my student to register/pay for classes? Also if I have more than one student to register, do I have a general account with sub accounts for each student? Is registering an account with MPOA to register/pay for a class different than registering for moodle?
    let’s pretend I’m starting from scratch. Do I use my name/email to log on when I click register on a class or do I use my students? I’m thinking I might have done it wrong before.
    Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
    DD, 27, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
    DS, 25, BS '18 mechanical engineering
    DS, 23, BS '20 Chemsitry, pursuing phd at Wash U
    (DDIL married #3 in 2020, MPOA grad, BA '20 philosophy, pusrsing phd at SLU)
    DS, 21, Physics and math major
    DD, 18, dyslexic, 12th grade dual enrolled
    DS, 14, future engineer/scientist/ world conquerer 9th MPOA diploma student
    DD, 8 , 2nd Future astronaut, robot building space artist

On our new site, you just need to log in with your student's account. Then when you purchase, it will automatically put that student into the course.

You'll have to make separate purchases for each student. This will keep everyone's records cleaner and enable you to switch classes or sections on your end instead of relying on us to do it manually.

Peace,
    Paul
    Paul Schaeffer
    --
    Academy Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Thanks! (Now to try to remember my son’s log in....) This time I will remember. I think. From here on out I do NOT have an account on MPOA. I use my kid’s accounts. If I say it enough I might get it straight.

Comment

So I think I may have way messed myself up in the past. I can get into my son's current class, but I can't get into my account to buy a class (actually trying to pay for registrationn for the degree program). It wont accept his account and password that we use to get into moodle and it doesn't even recognize his email as an account to reset password. I apparently have an account under my email, but you said we need to use our student's email. So I tried to create a new account and it won't let me, I think because it is saying I already have an account under that name. So now I have no idea how to buy my class.

Comment

Problem solved- I was able to create a new account with his email and pay for the class.

Comment

Glad to hear it!
            Paul Schaeffer
            --
            Academy Director

Comment

I have a question about this - are there two separate logins for a student, one that takes to Moodle and current classes, and one, shall we say, as "customers" of MPOA? I tried to use the email and password one of my kids uses to go to classes in the upper right Login (to buy classes), and it did not work this morning, it said Incorrect Password - but the Student Login worked fine.
              DS (16)
              DD (15)
              DS (7)

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Bee View Post
                I have a question about this - are there two separate logins for a student, one that takes to Moodle and current classes, and one, shall we say, as "customers" of MPOA? I tried to use the email and password one of my kids uses to go to classes in the upper right Login (to buy classes), and it did not work this morning, it said Incorrect Password - but the Student Login worked fine.
                Same question! I think in the past I registered and paid with my email but my sons is what logs onto the class page. I fixed that this year by creating a new account with his email.
                Plus all this is complicated by the fact that the servers for both log ins have been down at various times yesterday so it was hard to tell if we had the wrong log in or it was just an issue in their end. I can’t begin to imagine the difficulty in rolling out a full new system for the academy and so kudos to those putting up with all our complaining.
                Funny story- my adult daughter received an email yesterday with log in information to MPOA- she is 26 and hasn’t taken an MPOA class since her freshman year in high school! I wonder if all my tweaking my accounts yesterday set that off? I told her it just means she is supposed to learn Latin now! She took Henle 1 part 2 with MPOA in 9th and then begged to quit Latin and take German for the rest of high school.

Comment

Sorry for the delay! Effectively from here on out parents will not need accounts. Registration will happen through the student accounts. We have linked students' Moodle accounts to the registration website, so they should log in at memoriapressacademy.com and it will automatically also log them in to Moodle. However, we couldn't bring the passwords over to the new memoriapressacademy.com (security!). The best way to fix it is to reset your password at https://www.memoriapressacademy.com/...lost-password/ and then both accounts will be in sync from then on.

Peace,
                  Paul
                  Paul Schaeffer
                  --
                  Academy Director

Comment

Working...
                  X