Adobe flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adobe flash

Is MPOA still using Flash for their online classes? My very limited understanding is that Adobe is no longer supporting Flash and if this software is still being used, our computers are very susceptible to viruses. Could someone clarify where the Academy is with this transition?
    Melisa

Homeschooling mom for 11 years

dd - 11th grade using MP
    ds - 9th grade using MP and Kolbe Academy

Hi Melisa,

Adobe is still supporting Flash, but they are only doing so in their app, not in the the browser (if that makes sense to you).

However, Adobe rolled out an update in September to make Flash optional instead of required. It has caused lots of consternation, but we have made it through. Our students only use Flash if they opt to use the "Classic view" in Adobe's app but we default to everyone using the "Standard view" which is HTML based instead of reliant on Flash. No one needs to use Flash in their browser anymore.

Peace,
    Paul
    Paul Schaeffer
    --
    Academy Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

For some reason, we've become stuck in the Classic View in the application (we never open Connect in the browser) - how can we switch back? I even tried to reinstall the update, but it still opened the Classic View. It used to open with the Standard View even in the app, and there was the option to switch to the Classic - not sure what the kids did, but it seems we can't get the Standard anymore. Any suggestions?
      DS (16)
      DD (15)
      DS (7)

Comment

Which class and section? It is possible a teacher changed a setting not knowing what it did.

Peace,
        Paul
        Paul Schaeffer
        --
        Academy Director

Comment

Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post
          Which class and section? It is possible a teacher changed a setting not knowing what it did.

Peace,
          Paul
          I don't think that's the case, but feel free to check - Physics A and Logic I B. I know my daughter said she preferred the Classic View, and started switching to it, but she used to be able to control that, and now it's just Classic View. My son was fine with the Standard, but for a while now he's noticed that he's back to the Classic without having done anything he's aware of. I've tried to look for a menu option, but haven't seen anything. I reinstalled the update, but no difference. They also noticed that sometimes they don't see the usual intermediate step of typing their names in the Guest option, they go from the class page directly to waiting for the teacher to let them in.
          Thank you!
          DS (16)
          DD (15)
          DS (7)

Comment

You're right; it wasn't the settings. Are you on a Mac or Windows machine?

Peace,
            Paul
            Paul Schaeffer
            --
            Academy Director

Comment

Originally posted by pschaeffer View Post
              You're right; it wasn't the settings. Are you on a Mac or Windows machine?

Peace,
              Paul
              Both Windows laptops.
              DS (16)
              DD (15)
              DS (7)

Comment

We are in the middle of a massive shift in our Adobe account and I hope it will help long term with this. Apologies for the wait.

Peace,
                Paul
                Paul Schaeffer
                --
                Academy Director

Comment

Working...
                X