Fire HD 10 work for MPOA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire HD 10 work for MPOA?

Santa is looking to gift me a new tablet. We will be quarentining away from home after my kids travel for new years (we live with my high risk parents). I have a desktop and I'm not packing that baby up and dragging it to the vrbo. So....would a hd 10 fire tablet work? It's not awesome, I get it. It's just a stop gap for the kids to attend math class (they attend on separate desktops normally).

Does anybody know if we can dongle connect it to a tv for a bigger screen?

Thanks!
    DS12- Simply Classical mash-up of SC Spelling 1, intensive reading remediation, and MPOA 4th grade math.
    DD10- Classic Core 4th Grade w/ 5th grade literature
    DD8- Classic Core 2nd Grade

We've completed:
    Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, third grade
    Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5/6

Everything I can find online seems to indicate Adobe Connect and the Amazon Fire don't play well together. Something like an iPad or Android tablet (not Amazon-based) would be more likely to work.

Peace,
    Paul
    Paul Schaeffer
    --
    Academy Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Ipad is out of budget....anybody have experience with an android tablet playing nicely with Adobe connect?
      DS12- Simply Classical mash-up of SC Spelling 1, intensive reading remediation, and MPOA 4th grade math.

We've completed:
      Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, third grade

Comment

Bumping. Surely some kids out there do MPOA on a tablet and not everybody is using a desktop or laptop?

We've completed:

Comment

So we have an HD 10 tablet from Amazon and I was able to log in to the online academy using the google app. Additionally I was able to watch a recording of one of the classes and it didn't mention needing an Adobe app. Since it was a recording I'm not sure how a live class would work, with needing the app, chat, etc.. I have done this before from my android phone while traveling and we could hear the class but communicating thru chat was very difficult. With that I had to have an adobe app. just to get in. I was unable to see a connect button to be able to cast it onto a larger screen but if I find something out I will let you know. Maybe I will have one of mine try to log in to class tomorrow using the tablet. I'll report back if it works.
          Callista

Comment

I responded to this the other day but my post was unapproved for some reason. Here is what I had commented with:

"So we have an HD 10 tablet from Amazon and I was able to log in to the online academy using the google app. Additionally I was able to watch a recording of one of the classes and it didn't mention needing an Adobe app. Since it was a recording I'm not sure how a live class would work, with needing the app, chat, etc.. I have done this before from my android phone while traveling and we could hear the class but communicating thru chat was very difficult. With that I had to have an adobe app. just to get in. I was unable to see a connect button to be able to cast it onto a larger screen but if I find something out I will let you know. Maybe I will have one of mine try to log in to class tomorrow using the tablet. I'll report back if it works."
            Callista

Comment

Marvelous! Thank you!

We've completed:

Comment

Working...
              X