Classical Composition and Grammar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classical Composition and Grammar

My son is taking MPOA Fable this year and we love it so far. I really like how the grammar is incorporated as well. I don't see any grammar workbooks required for the future levels of classical comp ... Does this mean they stop covering it after this year and I will need to fit it in separately?
    2020-2021
    DS10: gr5- MP5, FFL(MPOA), fable (MPOA), LOF math, Westminster Shorter Catechism Workbook, Vita Beata Lit5 and FMOR

2019-2020
    DS14: gr9- MP8, FFL, fable/narrative (MPOA), R&S math 6, Myself & Others 3, Ligonier connect biblical studies, coop art/PE/Life Skills
    DS9: gr4- MP4, LC, intro to comp, LOF Math, Myself and Others 3, catechism workbook, coop art/PE/supplemental science

Julia,

It is currently set up where grammar is only included in the first year but I'm working with the teachers to evaluate the feasibility of adding grammar to the subsequent years. I'm not sure it will happen but we are looking at it. If we make that change, we will update the course descriptions.

Peace,
    Paul
    Paul Schaeffer
    --
    Academy Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Thanks. It seems like every time I think something would be great, you guys are already on it!
      2020-2021
      DS10: gr5- MP5, FFL(MPOA), fable (MPOA), LOF math, Westminster Shorter Catechism Workbook, Vita Beata Lit5 and FMOR

2019-2020
      DS14: gr9- MP8, FFL, fable/narrative (MPOA), R&S math 6, Myself & Others 3, Ligonier connect biblical studies, coop art/PE/Life Skills
      DS9: gr4- MP4, LC, intro to comp, LOF Math, Myself and Others 3, catechism workbook, coop art/PE/supplemental science

Comment

Hoping that if grammar is added it would added a grade at a time so as to not affect those who are in higher levels and not using MP grammar. Seems it might be difficult for a student to hop into EGR V not having done I-IV.
        DD 17 | 12th
        DS 15 | 9th
        DD 13 | 8th
        2021-2022

13th Year HSing, 9th Year MP

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferjb View Post
          Hoping that if grammar is added it would added a grade at a time so as to not affect those who are in higher levels and not using MP grammar. Seems it might be difficult for a student to hop into EGR V not having done I-IV.
          Absolutely. Already part of the thought process.

Peace,
          Paul
          Paul Schaeffer
          --
          Academy Director
          Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Working...
          X