Online FMR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online FMR

I’m looking for some feedback about FMR for my soon to be 12 yo. Was the pace okay being that it was 1 semester versus a whole year? We’re the exams just like the ones in the TM or are they different? How did you like the enriching experience from someone else teaching it versus you teaching it?

thanks for any input.

Hello.

I can speak to a couple of your questions, but hopefully others will chime in with their experiences. For a 12 year old, the one semester pace should be just fine. It will mean completing two lessons a week, which is totally doable at that age and shouldn't take more than a couple of hours a week - maybe less depending on what they get done in class. The exams will be different since they are online. That changes the format, but the content will be similar.

Tanya

Comment

Thank you for your response. I’m a little nervous because this will be his first year with MPOA. He will taking FFL, CC Fable and Narrative and FMR. I hope it’s not too much. I am taking MPOA summer classes to be fully supportive of all his online classes.

Comment

This sounds like a nice schedule to me. I think that with the help of a live instructor and testing online, you will find this very doable.

Tanya

Comment

My daughter did not take FMR with MPOA, but she did take FMG and FMMA. The tests are similar to those in the book, but there are no essay questions - lots of matching, plus multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank and some map work, If you are worried about the one semester pace, you can offset that by doing another subject (such as Christian Studies or science) as a semester course in the spring. Rather than doing two subjects once a week for the year, you would do one subject twice a week each semester.
          DD 17 | 12th
          DS 15 | 9th
          DD 13 | 8th
          2021-2022

13th Year HSing, 9th Year MP

Comment

Working...
          X