Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Literature by book, rather than "grade"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Literature by book, rather than "grade"?

I realize it might take more man power, and thus not possible, but I wondered if you would ever consider offering the literature "a la carte"? (meaning, you could select a few of the books to make your own "year long" program - or maybe you just do 1-2 books for a semester program) Additionally, perhaps MP would consider a lower fee class set up like the current "free" Lion, Witch and Wardrobe class? We are enjoying it very much. However, doing LWW, right now "ruins" some of the full course literature offerings for us! I'd love some other combinations.

Lastly, if MPOA can't offer this format, even a DVD series with all the books with recordings like Mr. McKinnely is doing now. Having all his background knowledge has made this book so immensely better. My daughter has already had it read to her 4 times, but is still enjoying every minute of it! I could see the benefit of popping in a video for each book to enhance our at home learning, when MPOA might not be an option.

We look forward to one day taking a class with other student involvement, but I've been impressed with how much more we are getting out of literature right now than before!
    Christine

(2021/2022)
    DD1 8/23/09 - Mix of MP5 and MP6 (SFL, Birds, R&S 6 Math, Language Arts with Grandma)
    DS2 9/1/11 - MP4M
    DD3 2/9/13 -MP2/MP3

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, SC 5/6, MP4 + FFL and R&S Math 5, MPOA Fable
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2/AAR/Storytime Treasures), Traditional Spelling 1, SC5/6 Year 1
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1

Christine, you have a lot of great thoughts here! I would love ala carte, streaming video, and self-paced. I am hopeful that this experience will be a spring board for a myriad of offerings
    Christina

Comment

Originally posted by howiecram View Post
      Additionally, perhaps MP would consider a lower fee class set up like the current "free" Lion, Witch and Wardrobe class? We are enjoying it very much. However, doing LWW, right now "ruins" some of the full course literature offerings for us! :
      What does this mean? The free LWIW class? What is this referring to?
      Melissa

DS (MP4M) - 10
      DS (MP3A) - 8
      DS (1) - 7
      DD (Adorable distraction) 4

Comment

Originally posted by MBentley View Post

What does this mean? The free LWIW class? What is this referring to?
        As the pandemic started unfolding, etc. MP generously offered some free MPOA classes. One of them is The Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe. This class has over 500 kids in it. So, it is not interactive. The teacher discusses the book, historical references, etc. It's been very amazing. I never would have thought my child would have sat in front of a computer for, essentially a lecture, for 1 hour. However, she does. She pretty much sets her clock by the time of the class. I have no trouble getting her to read or do quizzes. In fact, she wants class done so she can do it....(even though she hasn't really done the guide for it yet!!) ?
        Christine

(2021/2022)
        DD1 8/23/09 - Mix of MP5 and MP6 (SFL, Birds, R&S 6 Math, Language Arts with Grandma)
        DS2 9/1/11 - MP4M
        DD3 2/9/13 -MP2/MP3

Previous Years
        DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, SC 5/6, MP4 + FFL and R&S Math 5, MPOA Fable
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2/AAR/Storytime Treasures), Traditional Spelling 1, SC5/6 Year 1

Comment

Is this something you can still join? How would we find out about these as they happen?
          Melissa

DS (MP4M) - 10
          DS (MP3A) - 8
          DS (1) - 7
          DD (Adorable distraction) 4

Comment

Originally posted by MBentley View Post
            Is this something you can still join? How would we find out about these as they happen?
            I got an e-mail. It did go to my spam. I also saw an announcement on their FB page. I know the L,W,W is closed. But, I don't know about any of the other classes. We are also many weeks into the LWW.
            Christine

(2021/2022)
            DS2 9/1/11 - MP4M
            DD3 2/9/13 -MP2/MP3

Previous Years

Comment

Melissa,

It is too late to make these classes. They filled up quickly. And we won't be offering any more since we are almost to summer. But MPOA is offering some summer classes (not for free), including a couple for adults. You can check that out here: https://www.memoriapressacademy.com/...me=Summer-Term

Tanya

Comment

Working...
              X