Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info about the Novare Text MPOA classes

Hello,

We are currently teaching Novare Physical science at home this year. I am considering enrolling my daughter in the online MPOA Novare Earth Science course for next year. I wanted to get some information on the format of the quizzes and tests. One of the things I like about the Novare texts is that the quizzes and tests are all essay format--- Those types of questions really force the students to communicate their understanding of the material so much more than multiple choice tests. I am assuming that the online academy replaces those tests with multiple choice and fill in the blank tests to cut down on teacher grading. Is the the case? I'm just trying to get an understanding of how the class will compare online vs. teaching it at home.

Thanks!
    Cathy
    Cathy aka The Attached Mama
    2019-2020
    DS 12, 7th Grade
    DD 11, 6th Grade
    DS 5, K

My son is taking Earth Science through MPOA right now and the quizzes and tests have been a mix of short written answers and multiple choice. In addition to the weekly quiz or test, she also assigns a separate exercise with a couple of questions that are generally answered with a paragraph each.

Comment

So it sounds like a lot less writing compared to the class taught at home. (Where the student writes out daily learning checks and exercises...plus written quizzes.). I can see why, the class at home takes a ton of time to grade.
      Cathy aka The Attached Mama
      2019-2020
      DS 12, 7th Grade
      DD 11, 6th Grade
      DS 5, K

Comment

They are supposed to work the Learning Check questions on their own for practice and review, but they don't turn them in. The only things they turn in are the quiz and the 1-2 question exercise.

Comment

Working...
        X