Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ClassicalFamily
    • Apr 2016

Fourth (4th) Form class format/teachers

We are trying to make a class decision for this next year. My daughter really wanted to have Susan Strickland again and have the 2 classes/week format for 4th form, but the class times are nearly impossible for us to make work. I am trying to figure out if it would be worth it to try and rework somethings (if even possible) to make the classes happen. Otherwise, I would sign her up for Meredith Cutrer's Monday afternoon class. I would appreciate if anyone has any feedback to share about 4th form from either the once per week or twice per week format and/or any other considerations. My daughter is doing very well in 3rd Form and has a good memory. She will be a 12-year-old 7th grader next year. Thanks!
    Michaela
    Daughter: Age 11 MP 6A (MPOA for TFL, 6th grade math, and composition)
    Son: Age 6 1st Grade MP Traditional Spelling, Literature, Math, and Handwriting
    for 2019/2020 school year
  • jen1134
    • Jun 2015

My 15yo is taking Fourth Form once a week with Miss Francino. He really enjoys her class. He’s only taken the once a week format but said that he could see the benefit of twice a week when it comes to teacher feedback/guidance. The once a week kids use the class forum for teacher questions but of course that’s not as immediate as asking during a mid-week class.
    Jennifer
    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2023-2024
    DS20: MP grad; auto mechanic & business owner
    DS19: MP grad; college sophomore​
    DS17: Agricultural internship, various math and history resources
    DS15 & DD13: mix of MP, online providers using MP materials, Friendly Biology (DS only), and Denison Pre-Algebra
    DD11: MP/SC, and online providers using MP materials
    DD8: mix of MP 1-3

Comment

• Mom2mthj
      • Apr 2014

My son is in Mrs. Strickland’s two day per week class. He likes it because they have more time in class to work on exercises and translations together. I hear you that the two day per week can be difficult to schedule. Overall it is an extra hour of teacher time which is quite a lot. Mrs. Strickland wrote me a very nice note about how she felt the extra time was really important at that level. I gave my son a choice and he picked the twice a week option. My daughter had Mrs. Strickland for 3rd and Miss Francino for 4th and Henle 2 and liked them both and did fine. One difference was at the time MPOA had a 4th form summer review class that I thought was very helpful to solidify the material before moving on, but it isn’t offered any more because of low enrollment.
      Dorinda

Plans for 2023-2024
      17th year homeschooling, 14th year with Memoria Press
      DD College Junior
      DS Senior - Lukeion Greek, AP Calculus and Physics with me, MA Medieval History and Tolkien/Lewis
      DS Sophomore - Vita Beata Aeneid, MA Short Story
      DS 5th grade - 5A with Right Start G, AAS 6

Comment

Working...