No announcement yet.

Schedule for 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any plans to add additional sections for courses that are already full?

Comment

What is already full?
      Dorinda

For 2019-2020
      DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
      DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
      DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
      DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

Sorry, I thought Spring Rhetoric was full, but now realize the Rhetoric I was looking at was for this current semester. So I guess my question has become, when will the Spring 2021 classes be added? Also, when will days/times be set for Full Year classes. Most of the classes I am considering are TBD.

Comment

Hello,

There are a few classes with instructors like Kevin Dray that are full. Some of the times/days I'm adding today that I've just received from the instructors. Anything that is TBD, I'm still waiting on the instructor to get me the day/time.

Thank you!

Scott Piland
          Director
          Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Every class I am considering is still TBA. Classical Studies III, Material Logic, Section B Divine Comedy. Will dates/times be posted soon? In time for orders to be placed before the end of the month?

Comment

Adding an inquiry for whether there will be additional sections for all the modern history sections, plus Greek and Christian Studies 4 will be offered. It would be nice to get the early discount, but I don’t feel like I can plan much until it is all out there.
              Dorinda

For 2019-2020
              DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
              DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
              DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
              DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

Hello,

Sorry the classes you're looking at are TBA, but I should have Classics III, Material Logic, and Divine Comedy B in the next day or two. For Greek and Christian Studies IV - those are more specialty courses that, to be honest, don't fill. Greek is planned but I'm hunting for an instructor. There are no plans to offer Christian Studies IV (right now). Most of the Modern History sections are set, but there are one or two that may get an additional section (depending on demand and instructor availability)

Thanks for your patience.

Scott Piland
                Director
                MPOA

Comment

Mr. Piland,
                  Do you have a time-frame for geometry?

Christian Studies IV looks like a great class, and I certainly am hoping it will be offered again. Have you considered offering some of the Classical or Christian Studies courses in alternating years? Perhaps if some were offered even years and others offered odd years, people could plan ahead and you'd get better enrollment in those courses. Also, might you consider offering the proposed Classical & Christians Studies that was added to 12th grade in the latest catalog? I believe it is Christian Studies IV plus Metaphysics?
                  Last edited by jenniferjb; 02-12-2020, 05:54 PM.
                  DD 10th
                  DS 7th
                  DD 6th

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferjb View Post
                    Have you considered offering some of the Classical or Christian Studies courses in alternating years? Perhaps if some were offered even years and others offered odd years, people could plan ahead and you'd get better enrollment in those courses.
                    This would be amazing!
                    Amanda - Mama to three crazy boys (7A, 6M, 2), classics major

"Non nisi te, Domine. Non nisi te" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Working...
                    X