FFL audio CD: did you really use it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFL audio CD: did you really use it?

The FFL audio CD is listed as a required resource for the online class. Was it actually useful? I listened to a sample, and it was a bit chatty or a bit drawn out. I could see that deterring my rising 8th grader from using it, especially if he's getting live instruction from a Latin teacher. (I see its value if one is trying this without a teacher.)

I highly recommend it! I've taught FFL for three years in cottage school and can confirm that it's very helpful to mastering that first year of forms and vocabulary. Most "lessons" are only 2 minutes. I suggest downloading it to a computer so that it can be easily accessed each day. It's a great way to warm up.

I'm not sure what you listened to, but the first lesson or two may be explaining how to use the cd? Just a guess. I have the one with Mr. Moore. There may be an updated version now.

​​​​​​​Yes, you can get by without it but my students who used it mastered the material better.
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
    @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
    S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
    D · 8th
    D · 5th
    S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

I listened to the sample here for sale on the MP website. Thanks for the download tip! That adds convenience.

Comment

Working...
      X