Textbook order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Textbook order

I've registered for our classes for next year and I just put all of the books in my cart to see what they add up to. Is there any sort of "package" discount for us the way there is for the cores? I'm at $404 for our 5 classes. :-)
    Samantha

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for the email - glad to help! There is not a package discount like there are with the core textbook packages, but we do have free shipping for February which should help, as well as the Early Registration Discount as well.

Thank you!

Scott Piland
    Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy
    [email protected]
    (877) 745-8866

Comment

If all of those add up to a custom core for that student, wouldn’t that receive a core discount if she called MP with her order? Or is it dependent on having a Curriculum Manual?
      Jennifer
      Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS18: Graduated and living his dream in the automotive trades
      DS17: MP, MPOA, headed to his favorite liberal arts college this fall
      DS15: MP, MPOA
      DS13: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
      DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
      DD10: SC3
      DD7: MPK

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
        If all of those add up to a custom core for that student, wouldn’t that receive a core discount if she called MP with her order? Or is it dependent on having a Curriculum Manual?
        Good afternoon everyone,

To clarify, whenever you build a core package with MP, whether you're taking no classes or all classes with MPOA, that core package is eligible for a package discount. Whenever you are buying an assortment of sets and/or books, again whether you're taking no classes or all classes with MPOA, there is no package discount because there is no package.

Does that help everyone, or did I just make things worse?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Good afternoon everyone,

To clarify, whenever you build a core package with MP, whether you're taking no classes or all classes with MPOA, that core package is eligible for a package discount. Whenever you are buying an assortment of sets and/or books, again whether you're taking no classes or all classes with MPOA, there is no package discount because there is no package.

Does that help everyone, or did I just make things worse?
          So if she called and ordered those sets, explaining that they were either a substantial part or all of her son’s courses for the year, then it would count as a package; but if she just ordered the sets individually on the website, or if the sets/items were just one or two things for more than one student, then it wouldn’t count as a package. Is that right? Trying to make sure I understand it so I don’t share the wrong info anywhere!
          Jennifer

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post

So if she called and ordered those sets, explaining that they were either a substantial part or all of her son’s courses for the year, then it would count as a package; but if she just ordered the sets individually on the website, or if the sets/items were just one or two things for more than one student, then it wouldn’t count as a package. Is that right? Trying to make sure I understand it so I don’t share the wrong info anywhere!
            No problem; thanks for asking questions to clarify! When we talk about packages at MP, we mean any of our Classical Core Curriculum packages whether as is or customized. Ordering online vs. over the phone has no impact. I suppose you do have to call in order to customize a package further than what the website allows, but the definition of a package remains the same. Does that help?

Of course, I can only speak for MP. Mr. Piland will have to answer any questions about MPOA and its policies.

Comment

Yes, thanks! ?
              Jennifer

Comment

What if you are essentially ordering a core package, but don't want something like the "spelling" module. No offense, but I started my kids on a different spelling program before I found MP. I'm pretty sure I will start WW3 if my stair stepped kids don't get to "enjoy" the next spelling book they've been looking forward to for year. Seriously. Some battles just aren't worth it. Would that make my order a customized Core order or an a la carte order?
                Melissa

DS (MP4M) - 10
                DS (MP3A) - 8
                DS (1) - 7
                DD (Adorable distraction) 4

Comment

I bet it would be cheaper to order the complete core for the discount and ditch, donate, or re-sell the spelling you don't want than to order individually.
                  DS12- Simply Classical mash-up of SC Spelling 1, intensive reading remediation, and MPOA 4th grade math.
                  DD10- Classic Core 4th Grade w/ 5th grade literature
                  DD8- Classic Core 2nd Grade

We've completed:
                  Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, third grade
                  Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5/6

Comment

Originally posted by MBentley View Post
                    What if you are essentially ordering a core package, but don't want something like the "spelling" module. No offense, but I started my kids on a different spelling program before I found MP. I'm pretty sure I will start WW3 if my stair stepped kids don't get to "enjoy" the next spelling book they've been looking forward to for year. Seriously. Some battles just aren't worth it. Would that make my order a customized Core order or an a la carte order?
                    You can customize core packages both by swapping subjects up and down and by removing a subject or two. Again, the website's coding only allows so much customization, so if you want to do more than it allows, just give us a call or send us an email. Our representatives can customize the package as needed while ensuring you get the best possible price.

HTH!

Comment

Thanks everyone! Yes, in the past I've done customized cores. I'll have to look at my book list this year and see if it would work. Probably not since I don't need many of the teachers' manuals. Just for future thought, it would be cool to get a coupon code for one textbook order for those of us who register early or something like that. :-) But I will definitely take advantage of the shipping!
                      Samantha

Comment

Working...
                      X