Feedback via PM on Latin teachers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback via PM on Latin teachers

After going back and forth for quite some time about online classes (timing didn't sync up with our schedule, DD wasn't ready, etc.), it's finally time to make the transition. I've reached end game with several subjects regarding my confidence teaching them. I need to call in the professionals.

Would anyone like to PM me with their experience taking Latin with either Meredith Cutrer, Susan Strickland, and/or Susan Francino? I don't feel entirely comfortable initiating a public discussion on this as I realize we all bring different expectations and abilities to online classes, however, any feedback you'd like to send via PM would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
    DD 11 - MP6A

Sent you one!
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

2018-2019 · 7th MP Year, 9th Homeschooling
    Interweaving home, cottage school, & MPOA
    DS · MPOA Henle 2, 9A -- DD · 7A -- DD · 4A -- DS · 1st

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School
    www.nashvillelatinschool.com

Comment

Hi Ally,

If you want to chat about them on the phone I can give you some insight as well. Thanks!

Scott Piland
      Director
      Memoria Press Online Academy
      onlineacademy@memoriapress.com
      (877) 745-8866

Comment

That wasn’t me Mr. Piland :-). I pm’d you as well Hermione!
        Ally

Evan: MP 10th grade, MPOA-4FL, HSComp II, Material Logic, American Gov’t
        Rachel: MP 9th grade, MPOA-3FL, Trad Logic I & II
        Katie: MP 8th grade, BF American history

Homesteading in Utica, Ohio

Comment

I don't have a bad thing to say about any of them. My daughter wants to know which Latin class has a choice between these three. She said she couldn’t choose because she loves them all.

All three are highly qualified and run a great class. I wouldn’t hesitate to put my children in any of their classes.
          Last edited by jenniferjb; 02-09-2019, 10:03 AM.
          2018-2019:
          DD 14 | 9th | Foerster Alg, MPOA (Biology, Novel, Henle, AP US, Composition), HSC (Didache Intro)
          DS 12 | 6M | Singapore, AAS, MPOA (Composition)
          DD 10 | 5A | Singapore, AAS, MPOA (Composition)

Comment

Jennifer--I shared the same! I like that they are all excellent teachers but different in their personalities and styles, making it easier to get a good fit for your specific child and academic circumstances. MPOA is God-send for us!
            Festina lentē,
            Jessica P

2018-2019 · 7th MP Year, 9th Homeschooling
            Interweaving home, cottage school, & MPOA
            DS · MPOA Henle 2, 9A -- DD · 7A -- DD · 4A -- DS · 1st

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School
            www.nashvillelatinschool.com

Comment

Thank you all for taking the time to respond! Your feedback has been really, really helpful to me.

Thank you as well Mr. Piland for continuing to provide such helpful, individual guidance. It's very comforting to know we're making this transition with an organization that offers such great customer support.
              Last edited by hermione310; 02-09-2019, 10:46 PM.
              DD 11 - MP6A

Comment

Working...
              X