Looking for Feedback on Introductory Physics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Feedback on Introductory Physics

Hello! If you/your student has taken this class through MPOA, would you be willing to give some feedback on it? I have a rising 9th grader for whom I am considering this class. However, she will have a full load, including Algebra ll, Logic l & ll, Fourth Form Latin, and some others, and it would be her first year handling 5 online classes (she has only 1 online class this year). I believe this is a pretty challenging class ( I went through the book with my older student a couple of years back), and I'm trying to make a good decision for my student; I don't want to overwhelm her. She's fairly math strong, and has picked up Algebra l without any trouble so far this year. I appreciate hearing your experiences! Thank you.
    Ora et labora,
    Sandra

DD (16) - grade 11 (Classical Studies lll, Geometry, HS Comp.lll, Latin Cicero, the Novel (Literature) through MPOA Diploma Program,
    plus American History with Concise History of the Great Republic, and Apologia Chemistry at home)

DD (13) - grade 8 (Algebra l, Third Form Latin, Physical Science Apologia, MP Eighth Grade Literature, Iliad, Odyssey, and Book of the Ancient Greeks and Chreia Maxim through MPOA)

Hi Sandra,

I noticed there wasn't a response and wanted to chime in - maybe this will help! It is a fairly challenging Algebra I based physics course. The single most important thing for this course is being strong in Algebra I and mathematics in general. If she has that under her belt, so to speak, she should be alright. I'd be happy to talk more with you about this if you like!

Scott Piland
    Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy
    onlineacademy@memoriapress.com
    (877) 745-8866

Comment

Thank you, Scott. That is what I thought, but I’m not feeling really sure which way to go. I think I will try to chat with you about this.
      Ora et labora,
      Sandra

DD (16) - grade 11 (Classical Studies lll, Geometry, HS Comp.lll, Latin Cicero, the Novel (Literature) through MPOA Diploma Program,
      plus American History with Concise History of the Great Republic, and Apologia Chemistry at home)

DD (13) - grade 8 (Algebra l, Third Form Latin, Physical Science Apologia, MP Eighth Grade Literature, Iliad, Odyssey, and Book of the Ancient Greeks and Chreia Maxim through MPOA)

Comment

Sandra, I can't speak to the MPOA treatment of the course directly, but my oldest is doing it concurrently with Prentice Hall Algebra 2 this year at our cottage school with no difficulty. The math work isn't easy, but it's just the right level up from previous science courses. The subject matter is fascinating, with daily "who knew?!" sort of topics. Taking this sort of class from a master teacher makes it much easier for all concerned, in my experience. If you can spare the scheduling and screen time, I'd encourage you to go for it.

One note: like MP materials, Novare materials are mastery oriented. If she hasn't done a Novare text before that will be unimportant transition to make. Since you have done the text before yourself you have that advantage!
        Festina lentē,
        Jessica P

2018-2019 · 7th MP Year, 9th Homeschooling
        Interweaving home, cottage school, & MPOA
        DS · MPOA Henle 2, 9A -- DD · 7A -- DD · 4A -- DS · 1st

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School
        www.nashvillelatinschool.com

Comment

Working...
        X