Question about parent signing in and course syllabus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about parent signing in and course syllabus

I apologize for what are really basic questions, but this is our first year. I did look through the handbook, but I didn't see answers to my questions (either not there or I wasn't clever enough to find them).

1. Do I sign in using my child's account to look at grades/etc? I signed into my account, but it didn't seem like I could do anything but update my contact information.

2. How/where do I find a course syllabus? I signed in as my daughter and looked through everything for her course, but I can't find a course syllabus. I need grading information for my cover school's Course Descriptions. I found the grading scale in the handbook, but I need something specific for the class that says how the grade is calculated (for example: course work 25%, quizzes 25%, tests 50%).

Thank you!
    Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
    ds 25, graduated
    dd 11th Grade
    dd 8th Grade
    ds 6th Grade

Re: Question about parent signing in and course syllabus

Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
    I apologize for what are really basic questions, but this is our first year. I did look through the handbook, but I didn't see answers to my questions (either not there or I wasn't clever enough to find them).

1. Do I sign in using my child's account to look at grades/etc? I signed into my account, but it didn't seem like I could do anything but update my contact information.

2. How/where do I find a course syllabus? I signed in as my daughter and looked through everything for her course, but I can't find a course syllabus. I need grading information for my cover school's Course Descriptions. I found the grading scale in the handbook, but I need something specific for the class that says how the grade is calculated (for example: course work 25%, quizzes 25%, tests 50%).

Thank you!
    Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the message. Glad to help. Here goes:

1. Yes. We do not use separate parent accounts. Per the Parent/Student Handbook you login with your student and check grades. The teacher checks grades as well, but we've found that it is most helpful for students and everyone involved if students and parents sit down face-to-face with each other and check on this. Your parent email address should be on the student's accounts though, so you will get copies of all emails sent out by the instructor.

2. The course syllabus and other information will be located on the course page. Since we just closed out our grades last Friday we are in the process of importing this information. As we get this imported it will be available for you to report. I do not have a specific date on your particular classes but we are working to import all of these.

You can also email [email protected] or call (877) 745-8866 if you wish. If you have other questions like this please also feel free to email [email protected] or call (877) 745-8866 if you wish.

Thank you very much and I hope this helps!

Scott Piland
    Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy
    [email protected]apress.com
    (877) 745-8866

Comment

Re: Question about parent signing in and course syllabus

Originally posted by spiland View Post
      Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the message. Glad to help. Here goes:

1. Yes. We do not use separate parent accounts. Per the Parent/Student Handbook you login with your student and check grades. The teacher checks grades as well, but we've found that it is most helpful for students and everyone involved if students and parents sit down face-to-face with each other and check on this. Your parent email address should be on the student's accounts though, so you will get copies of all emails sent out by the instructor.

2. The course syllabus and other information will be located on the course page. Since we just closed out our grades last Friday we are in the process of importing this information. As we get this imported it will be available for you to report. I do not have a specific date on your particular classes but we are working to import all of these.

You can also email [email protected] or call (877) 745-8866 if you wish. If you have other questions like this please also feel free to email [email protected] or call (877) 745-8866 if you wish.

Thank you very much and I hope this helps!

Scott Piland
      Director
      Memoria Press Online Academy
      [email protected]
      (877) 745-8866
      Thank you so much! I just sent you an email :-)
      Cheryl, mom to:

ds 26, graduated
      ds 25, graduated
      dd 11th Grade
      dd 8th Grade
      ds 6th Grade

Comment

Working...
      X