Book Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Book Recommendations

Yes, thank you for this list! I love that it doesn't take 10 pages to print. I can actually focus my mind on a list like this and view it as just barely possible. LOL!

The Liberal Arts Tradition has come up time and again and it's been on my list to read. But, sadly, I devoted more time to reading on a classical education in our early years and, now, the past several years I'm just reading everything my teen needs to read, so that I can both discuss with him and redeem my own education. (Thank you for that plug Sarah!) Soon we will be done with our 2nd readings of Iliad, Odyssey and Aeneid. Next year: Cicero and St. Augustine! Can't wait!

But ....get this....anyone else been one of 'those people' that never wins anything at conferences (book giveaways and the like?) Well, guess what? I was at the St. Emmelia Orthodox HS conference in PA this past weekend and my name was called! I won The Liberal Arts Tradition by Jain AND Awakening Wonder by Dr. Turley! I decided to dig in on the Turley book first.

SusanP in VA

Comment

*bump* for this thread. Thank you for the written out list from CLSA a while back. Amazon thanks you too.
      Last edited by Beorn; 05-13-2019, 06:07 PM.
      2019/2020 - 2nd MP Year
      S - 5, K @ home and HLN
      D - 3, rising through minor leagues quickly
      S - 2, the master of disasters

Comment

Slightly on topic: In case anyone is looking for some audiobooks for this summer or for the upcoming school year, www.christianaudio.com is having their semi-annual sale where most all items they have available are on sale for $7.49 or less. There are some great deals to be had on audiobooks that a Classical Christian homeschooler or parent would want including Homer, Augustine, Dante, Hugo, Tolstoy, etc. For an example of a great deal, one can get Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo unabridged read by Bill Homewood for $7.49 (instead of regular price of $143.00). Deal goes through June 30. And I do not work for chritianaudio.com nor am I being compensated for this notice, although I should be.
        2019/2020 - 2nd MP Year
        S - 5, K @ home and HLN
        D - 3, rising through minor leagues quickly
        S - 2, the master of disasters

Comment

Working...
        X