Timeline with multiple cores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeline with multiple cores

For those of you running multiple cores, how do you do the Timeline? You have children in multiple grades, but the displayed timeline would show all of the pieces for the oldest child. Is that confusing to the youngers...they're seeing dates that they haven't learned about?

For third grade, it seems like it utilizes both Christian Studies and Greek Myths. What if I wasn't planning on doing Christian Studies?

Also, any creative display ideas? Nothing sticks to my walls. Seriously, I've even tried Gorilla Tape to no avail. Looking for pictures and ideas on how to display this thing for next year.
    Married to DH for 14 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS11- Simply Classical 5/6
    DD9- Simply Classical 5/6 (neurotypical, but schooling with big brother to save mom's sanity)
    DD 6- Classic Core First Grade

We've completed:
    Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, and second grade.
    Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Re: Timeline with multiple cores

Originally posted by Colomama View Post
    For those of you running multiple cores, how do you do the Timeline? You have children in multiple grades, but the displayed timeline would show all of the pieces for the oldest child. Is that confusing to the youngers...they're seeing dates that they haven't learned about?

For third grade, it seems like it utilizes both Christian Studies and Greek Myths. What if I wasn't planning on doing Christian Studies?

Also, any creative display ideas? Nothing sticks to my walls. Seriously, I've even tried Gorilla Tape to no avail. Looking for pictures and ideas on how to display this thing for next year.
    I gave up on getting the cards to stick to my walls. We just use the timeline book and each child has their own. The Christian Studies entries are pretty much just major Biblical events. If you aren't trying to cover those you can just leave those pages blank.
    Dorinda

For 2019-2020
    DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
    DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
    DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
    DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

Ditto here. Not on the walls.

We had it in our old house, vertical, taped on a ribbon from the ceiling down to the chair rail in the dining room. I have also seen it really cute in the HLS classrooms clipped with small laundry-ish clips onto a string - which you might be able to hang somewhere?

But we have not had it up since we moved to the rental, then here. Still in a small box. Maybe next time around...ha!

AMDG,
      Sarah
      2019-2020 - 9th Year with MP
      DD, 18, Homeschool grad; Art major/philosophy minor
      DS, 16
      DD, 14
      DD, 12
      DD, 10
      DD, 7.5
      DD, 5.5
      +DS+
      DS, 18 months

Comment

We do the small clothespin idea Sarah mentioned. You can buy the small clothespins in the office supply section at Walmart. I just used twine wrapped around a couple of thumbtacks to hang the cards from. I keep all cards up, all the time. Remember not to hang them where your student will be testing or you’ll need to cover them up or take them down during tests.
        Joyfully, Courtney
        DS13, DS12, DS10, DD8

Comment

We use a ribbon tacked to the wall and the small clothes pins. We are new to the timeline and have multiple kids doing it for the first time. I just chose one level of timeline events to cover for everyone (4th) and then next year will do another level..probably 6th. Then we aren’t overwhelmed trying to cover every event in one year. I haven’t had a younger kiddo trying to do it at a different pace but think I would start with a blank ribbon each year and add event tags for everyone as we move through time.
          Regards,
          Hollie

2019-20:
          1-day/week co-op using MP materials
          DD & DS - 10th: MPOA: 4FL, HS Comp II; MP streaming Biology; VideoText Algebra; 10th Lit, Light to the Nations II
          DS - 7th, VideoText Algebra, MPOA: 2FL, Chreia/Maxim-Ref/Con
          DD - 7th, CHREIA/Maxim, MPOA: 2FL
          DD - 6A, 6th Lit.
          DD - 3A
          DS - 4yrs - pre-school/JrK when he will sit still
          Using MP complete since 2016-17; bits and pieces for many years previous

Comment

Working...
          X