Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schedules: EGR I vs. old version (EGR I plus Intro to Comp)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedules: EGR I vs. old version (EGR I plus Intro to Comp)

Are there any differences between the new EGR I schedule and the old EGR I plus Intro to Comp schedule besides Intro to Comp no longer being included? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy the new schedule (if the EGR I schedule has been reworked) or if I should just use the one I have and ignore the Intro to Comp sections. Thank you :-)
    Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
    ds 23, graduated
    dd 15, 9th Grade
    dd 12, 6th Grade
    ds 10, 4nd Grade

Re: Schedules: EGR I vs. old version (EGR I plus Intro to Comp)

We did EGR 1 with 3A last year and it was pretty much one lesson per week plus a week for each review lesson. I doubt enough has changed to buy new plans. I don't believe the content has changed in the book unless you are going WAY back to when the grammar and composition were in the same book...but that initial edition was called by a different name.
    Dorinda

For 2019-2020
    DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
    DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
    DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
    DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

Hello.

I believe the reason for the new plans was to assign pages from Core Skills Language Arts, and that is totally supplemental. The actual EGR plans are the same.

Tanya

Comment

Thank you all so much!

So, they would be worth it only if I decide to use the Core Skills Language Arts. This particular child might benefit from it. I'll have to investigate it further.
        Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
        ds 23, graduated
        dd 15, 9th Grade
        dd 12, 6th Grade
        ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

Tanya,

I'm looking at the foldout in the catalog. Are they used the way they look in the catalog (Core Skills Language Arts 3, then English Grammar Recitation, then Core Skills Language Arts 4), or do the Core Kills Language Arts books reinforce what is learned in EGR1?
          Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
          ds 23, graduated
          dd 15, 9th Grade
          dd 12, 6th Grade
          ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

Hi Cheryl,

I can answer that. I am using ERG II and Core Skills 5 as scheduled in the 5M plans. The Core Skills book is scheduled for Fridays, usually 2 pages per week. It often reinforces the weekly topic, but not always. They are definitely "practice pages" for grammar, but not always synced to the EGR II book.

I think that is what allows MP to recommend that you purchase the student's grade level, rather than slavishly adhere to a certain CS book matched to an EGR book. A quick browse through the tables of contents would allow you to plan your own lessons, OR for $5, purchase the MP version with the work already done for you.

Jen
            DS, 26 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace), recently completed the design and execution of unhackable military software... in his spare time.

DS, 24 yrs, graduated from SIU's School of Business, ENGAGED!

DD, 21 yrs, Senior in Education at The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC

DS, 11 yrs, 6M: complete!

All homeschooled.

Comment

I concur with Jen.

Tanya

Comment

Thank you both! That was what I had assumed until I saw the fold out section in the catalog because it had lines in between the books ( CS3 | EGRI | CS4 ).

So, the EGR lessons weren't rearranged to make room for CS, CS was added to the previously completed EGR schedule?
                Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
                ds 23, graduated
                dd 15, 9th Grade
                dd 12, 6th Grade
                ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

That is correct!

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                    That is correct!

Tanya
                    Thank you :-)
                    Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
                    ds 23, graduated
                    dd 15, 9th Grade
                    dd 12, 6th Grade
                    ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
                      Thank you both! That was what I had assumed until I saw the fold out section in the catalog because it had lines in between the books ( CS3 | EGRI | CS4 ).
                      Cheryl,

EGR I is used over two years in 3rd and 4th grades, while CSLA 3 is used for one year in 3rd and CSLA 4 for one year in 4th. Hence, EGR is in the middle of the fold out like the other two-year programs (e.g., LC, Greek Myths), while CSLA 3 & 4 are on the sides like the other one-year programs (e.g., Mammals, Astronomy). Is that clearer?
                      Michael
                      Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Cheryl,

EGR I is used over two years in 3rd and 4th grades, while CSLA 3 is used for one year in 3rd and CSLA 4 for one year in 4th. Hence, EGR is in the middle of the fold out like the other two-year programs (e.g., LC, Greek Myths), while CSLA 3 & 4 are on the sides like the other one-year programs (e.g., Mammals, Astronomy). Is that clearer?
                        I understand now. It was that section of 2 years being divided into 3 sections that made it confusing. If the lines hadn't been there (just that 2 year section containing those 3 books), it wouldn't have been confusing to me. I'm easily confused, LOL!
                        Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
                        ds 23, graduated
                        dd 15, 9th Grade
                        dd 12, 6th Grade
                        ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

Working...
                        X