Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NLE results

Originally posted by tanya View Post
    Congrats to everyone! This is so awesome!!! I feel so proud, and they aren't my children!

Tanya
    Me, too! I'm taking them all as nieces and nephews.
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
    DS 12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
    DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
    DD 7th • HLN & Home
    DS 4th • HLN & Home
    Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; Memoria College

Teaching TFL and co-directing @
    Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

We have an Honorable Merit (38/40) on the Intro. to Latin and a Summa Cum Laude on the Latin ll. My Intro. to Latin student was terribly disappointed not to get a perfect paper, but I applauded her hard work i preparing for the exam. Congratulations to all the other testers out there -- that is so wonderful and encouraging to hear.
      Ora et labora,
      Sandra

DD (17) - grade 12 (Divine Comedy, Precalculus, AP Latin, Senior Thesis, Fundamentals of the Faith, American Government, and Economics through MPOA Diploma Program)

DD (13) - grade 9 (Algebra ll, Fourth Form Latin, Logic l & ll, High School Comp. ll, through MPOA. Aeneid/ History of the Romans, Geography lll, and Biology at home)

Comment

Sandra,

Your student should be totally proud of her hard work and of only missing two points. That is a major accomplishment. This isn't an easy test. So tell her we said "Bravo!" from MP.

Tanya

Comment

Thank you, Tanya. I let her read your response, and it meant a lot to her!
          Ora et labora,
          Sandra

DD (17) - grade 12 (Divine Comedy, Precalculus, AP Latin, Senior Thesis, Fundamentals of the Faith, American Government, and Economics through MPOA Diploma Program)

DD (13) - grade 9 (Algebra ll, Fourth Form Latin, Logic l & ll, High School Comp. ll, through MPOA. Aeneid/ History of the Romans, Geography lll, and Biology at home)

Comment

Originally posted by chapulina View Post
            We have an Honorable Merit (38/40) on the Intro. to Latin and a Summa Cum Laude on the Latin ll. My Intro. to Latin student was terribly disappointed not to get a perfect paper, but I applauded her hard work i preparing for the exam. Congratulations to all the other testers out there -- that is so wonderful and encouraging to hear.
            My dd13 felt similarly this year with "only" a silver medal (Maxima Cum Laude) on the Latin IV Poetry exam. I could not believe that she was upset (and there was a loud voice in my head making me feel guilty for starting Latin so early with her - which is why I'm always harping not to do this). In my adult thinking, this kid has far surpassed my Latin ability - not to mention the fact that I could NEVER have even dreamed of taking that test at her age, let alone doing well.

However...I had to dig deep to remember how I felt about such things when I was her age. She studies hard. She does a ton of work. She felt she did well. She was bitterly disappointed that she missed so many questions. She is only 13 - she does not have much life experience with these things and sincerely thinks she is a failure. I was once that way. (Wait, who am I kidding? I'm still VERY MUCH this person!)

I have had each year's exam professionally framed for her because one day, she will look back and feel pride at her accomplishments, especially as she gains life experience and realizes that most don't even get the chance to learn Latin. I have a feeling your Intro student may have the same experience someday. <3
            Mary

DD15 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
            DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
            DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Purple Ribbon on the Intro!

Congratulations to all!
              Joyfully, Courtney
              DS14, DS12, DS11, DD9

Comment

Working...
              X