Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geography post- Geography III

Hey all!
    My 7th grader is currently finishing up Geography III, and, since it's his favorite subject, is really wanting to continue in some way next year. I see there's no Level 4, so does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Re: Geography post- Geography III

Did you do the Robinson Map Project in the back? And all the Honors work? At the very least, I would let him continue to fill in blank maps of each continent next year so he retains what he has learned. You could get Uncle Josh's Map Outline Book (that's not really the title, I don't think) and let him fill it in.

Tanya

Comment

Meg,
      Do you have a future cartographer on your hands?! I wonder if he would enjoy one of those learning to draw the world from memory sort of programs. Or, is he more into the information about all the countries? What part of it does he really like?
      Festina lentē,
      Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
      @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
      S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
      D · 8th
      D · 5th
      S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
        Did you do the Robinson Map Project in the back? And all the Honors work? At the very least, I would let him continue to fill in blank maps of each continent next year so he retains what he has learned. You could get Uncle Josh's Map Outline Book (that's not really the title, I don't think) and let him fill it in.

Tanya
        Yes, he's done all the honors, work, etc. He is in love with mapmaking and learning all the new ones! I'll look into this other resource! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
          Meg,
          Do you have a future cartographer on your hands?! I wonder if he would enjoy one of those learning to draw the world from memory sort of programs. Or, is he more into the information about all the countries? What part of it does he really like?
          He's already been doing drawing from memory all year, and he also loves more info about the countries. He loves EVERYTHING about it. I was thinking maybe some sort of human geography type course? Sociology or something like that? Something with even more in-depth info on the countries/regions. Any recommendations?

Comment

If you haven't already stumbled across the CIA World Factbook, it's an excellent reference. You can select a particular country and read about the history, population, languages, etc. There are even photos posted. It's a fun place to poke around and contains an enormous amount of information.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...orld-factbook/
            Last edited by hermione310; 03-30-2018, 11:59 AM.
            DD 12 - MP6A

Comment

Working...
            X