EGR Placement Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGR Placement Question

I have 3 children whom I am hoping to switch over to MP next year.

The 3rd grader will do the 3rd grade moderated package, so EGR I at half-pace.

The 6th grader will do a mix of 5th and 6th grade MP. He's had some Latin and has a strong grammar foundation. Is it OK to start him in EGR2?

My 8th grader will do a mix of 7th and 8th grade MP with FF. He also has had some Latin and has a good grasp of grammar. Where should I start him?
    DS13: Mix of MP 7/8
    DS11: MP 5M
    DD9: MP 2/3 mix
    DS6: Public school 1/2 day kindergarten, plus outside OT, PT and speech

Re: EGR Placement Question

Originally posted by Insertcreativenamehere View Post
    I have 3 children whom I am hoping to switch over to MP next year.

The 3rd grader will do the 3rd grade moderated package, so EGR I at half-pace.

The 6th grader will do a mix of 5th and 6th grade MP. He's had some Latin and has a strong grammar foundation. Is it OK to start him in EGR2?

My 8th grader will do a mix of 7th and 8th grade MP with FF. He also has had some Latin and has a good grasp of grammar. Where should I start him?
    Hello,

Students with a strong grammar background are fine to jump into EGR II, so you're 6th grader should be fine in that program. For the 8th grader, I would recommend starting with EGR II also and moving at whatever speed allows mastery. It's always better to back up in order to ensure there are no gaps than to start at too advanced a level and have holes. If a child starts with EGR III, there are two "years" worth of rules whose mastery will be assumed.

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
    X