Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Traditional Spelling questions

Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post
    I have never used FSR since I have only ever started MP with 1st grade. I do know that it is 5 books and I believe the fifth book is now covered in first grade. I liked AAS from kid #2 so I purchased AAR3 for my kid #3 when he was still having issues with reading after going through both MP core 1 and core 2. He also went through before most of the bigger changes to those cores. Kid #4 has no issues and actually taught himself the basics of letter sounds and blending at about 3.5. I had planned to try FSR with him, but he was not ready for the writing involved in FSR. I purchased AAR1 and he loved cutting out and playing the games in the book, adores the ziggy games, and the sticker chart was very motivating. We went quickly through the lessons and don't do all the practice sheets. It is very relaxed and doesn't always look like school. I like that I don't have to come up with multi sensory options - a variety are already mixed in. He loves it and it has kept me from skipping stuff. FSR is appealing if your child is ready to write because it is clean and efficient....a hallmark of MP materials. We will use FSR next year for handwriting and a bit of review, but he is less than 10 lessons from the end of AAR2 and I predict he will be done with AAR3 by the time he starts K. We will probably do all 4 levels because he wants to finish all those sticker charts ;-)

Just remember on the money front you do need a new student book (unless you saved all the pieces) for at least two levels of AAR to compare to the content of FSR A-E which is probably a wash pricewise and the AAR readers are great for extra practice (especially level 1) because it is so hard to find books that don't throw in a bunch of sight words. I think you just have to decide which program is more appealing to you. The one mommy is comfortable with and enthusiastic about is the one that gets done.
    Haha...yes, I am kind of OCD like that. I saved EVERYthing, and have every lesson from levels 1-4 in separate page protectors, all ready to go. So...you can see my dilemma. I think I'll stick with it for my upcoming Kinder because from what I can see from the FSR samples, she is beyond that. She is already reading so I might as well meet her where she is, right? But I might jump ship for my upcoming 2nd and 1st and do MP STT and Lit guides.

Comment

My daughter is using SWO B this year. Could Traditional Spelling 2 be used next year in place of SWO C?
      DS13: Mix of MP 7/8
      DS11: MP 5M
      DD9: MP 2/3 mix
      DS6: Public school 1/2 day kindergarten, plus outside OT, PT and speech

Comment

Originally posted by Insertcreativenamehere View Post
        My daughter is using SWO B this year. Could Traditional Spelling 2 be used next year in place of SWO C?
        Yes, if she does fine with SWO B then she should be able to start Traditional Spelling II next year.
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
        X